January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Here

The lad seems to have had a few injuries and couldn't get in the Shrewsbury team. Not the most inspiring player report I must say. 

He appeared on the bench for the first team, in April 2016, when then manager Guus Hiddink selected three academy players for the squad.

Injuries hampered his development after this first taste of professional football, but he did return to once again captain the youth team to European glory.

As is the custom with Chelsea youngsters, Colkett's development was away from his parent club, through a number of loans.

His first football league experience came at Bristol Rovers at the start of the 16/17 season. He played 17 times in League One, scoring three goals.

In January 2017, he was shifted to another club in the same division, this time Swindon Town. Despite amassing 19 appearances for the Robins, the club were relegated to League Two.

In July 2017, he was again, loaned out. This time to Vitesse in Netherlands, the central midfielder made 11 appearances with three coming in Europe. However, once again, injuries curtailed his time with the Dutch side and he returned in January 2018.

His fourth, and most recent loan spell came this year at League One side Shrewsbury Town. He struggled to break into the first XI, with most of his appearances coming in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Okay, let me get this straight.

@AVFC_News

and the M*rror are both reporting that we are after a 12 month loan deal for Charlie Colkett. The information out there says that his contract with Chelsea is up in the summer. So who the hell are we loaning him from after June? #AVFC

Here

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not too keen on Colkett. Can’t think of a single pun. 

I actually misread the name at first and was going to ask if his brother was Davey.  Then I realised my error. Shame. 

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not too keen on Colkett. Can’t think of a single pun. 

Hang on on a minute.

I heard he was originally trained as a decorator.  He was once painting a wall which had a big gap above the skirting.  He was going to hide the gap with some decorators filler but he had run out so he couldn't caulk it

That works? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hang on on a minute.

I heard he was originally trained as a decorator.  He was once painting a wall which had a big gap above the skirting.  He was going to hide the gap with some decorators filler but he had run out so he couldn't caulk it

That works? 

The attempt made me giggle. 

• Thanks 1

I believe that any player we're linked to will have comments on here both praising and decrying them. No pleasing everyone.

Get experienced player in - "he's too old !"

Get a youngster in - "he's too raw !"

Or...."yes to both !! Just what we need !" 🤔😂

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

seems be mentioned most weeks on here but Celtic and Rangers are chasing Nick Powell

If so, it seems that Wigan might be prepared to listen to the sort of offer that we should also be able to make. Like Jack he has recently missed games due to injury. 

I don’t doubt Chester has a dodgy knee but that doesn’t excuse some of his passing this season. He’s been atrocious. 

As someone else mentioned, he’s always the bridesmaid. He just isn’t physical or imposing enough to be the dominant, leading centre half. He looks much more comfortable with a Terry figure alongside him. 

The harsh truth is he probably isn’t good enough. If we want to progress, we need an entirely new back 4. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t doubt Chester has a dodgy knee but that doesn’t excuse some of his passing this season. He’s been atrocious. 

As someone else mentioned, he’s always the bridesmaid. He just isn’t physical or imposing enough to be the dominant, leading centre half. He looks much more comfortable with a Terry figure alongside him. 

The harsh truth is he probably isn’t good enough. If we want to progress, we need an entirely new back 4. 

That or that he needs a more physical CB beside him. Surely that's the other option?

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1