January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pretend because his time for us has passed, with its own context and set of circumstances, which have also fortunately passed.

Case in point, the way Burnley fans receive and perceive him right now is vastly different from the way we do, despite him being there for just about as long as he was with us. Same player, but different circumstances and unsurprisingly different outcomes.

Would he improve our team? Well he's better than every option we currently have for that third midfield spot behind Grealish and McGinn. If Lansbury wasnt an expensive crock then I wouldn't even be considering him, but alas this is the predicament we find ourselves in 

So if you could choose anyone to come in and play in the holding role behind JG & JM you'd choose Westwood? seriously?

I havent seen any links so I dont know why we are talking about him, so it must be through fan created link/choice. If its just reminiscing/fantasising about an ex then I'd much rather Gueye play in that dm role behind JG/JM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

So if you could choose anyone to come in and play in the holding role behind JG & JM you'd choose Westwood? seriously?

I havent seen any links so I dont know why we are talking about him, so it must be through fan created link/choice. If its just reminiscing/fantasising about an ex then I'd much rather Gueye play in that dm role behind JG/JM. 

I saw this article yesterday which got me thinking it might not be such a bad idea. If I could choose anyone I'd choose Sergio Busquets, but since that isn't feasible, Westwood seems like a decent inexpensive option right now.

what would be Westwood's motivation at this time in leaving PL side Burnley where he is getting regular football and I'm sure a solid salary to join his ex club Villa who are struggling in the Championship?

• Like 1

I doubt Westwood would want to come back anyway. I think he was relieved to be out of here by the end, so I can’t see him wanting to try and win over his detractors here.

I didn’t dislike him as much as some, but I don’t think he (or a player if his type) is what we particularly need. We could use a defensive midfielder/deep lying player/whatever, but I don’t think Westwood would be the man for us. More someone who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck, which  Westwood just isn’t for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I would pay Hutton 6 months wages not to have to watch him and listen to the utter "Go on Alan" drivel around me.

I'll be round in the morning to collect the cheque and i'll supply you with a pair of these bad boys...

feeling-joyful-close-up-portrait-cheerfu

Deal.

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2019 at 09:42, praisedmambo said:

@TRO I find it strange that people don't automatically doubt football transfer rumours as a default!

Maybe it'll turn out to be true now I've said that. He rarely if ever seemed to get off the Shrewsbury bench at any point during a game.

Not sure if stranger things have happened.

I did get prompted by that example.....but i was generalising as it has happened on many occasions.

Tammy at Bristol and Swansea and us grateful to get him.

where has our attraction gone to.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Obvious choices, will not want to come to us or their clubs are unlikely to want to release them.

Just like in the Saunders era.....we need to find second tier players at other clubs and take a gamble that we can improve them.....the better the club , the more likely a top player is keeping them out of their first team.....or go for an up and coming player from the lower leagues.

Its all about Nous and judgment, followed by a dash of lady luck.

we have to be prudent in the transfer market, else we will languish down here for years.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve not heard of him. If he’s highly rated and promising then I’d like to see him come in, just have to trust those assessing the player as I’ve never seen or even heard of him.

from his stats he likes a yellow card. 22 in 2 and a half seasons at Caen. His team lose a lot though