January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

5 hours ago, HolteExile said:

How did Leroy Fer do today?  (missed penalty aside). 

Still a decent age - though assume his stock might have fallen, as you'd think he'd have been one of the few Swansea players to attract bids last summer. 

Was very highly rated in Holland and almost joined Everton for a decent fee a few years back until a medical scuppered that one.  Ended up making moves to Norwich and QPR and looked decent in the top flight any time I have seen him. 

Would give us more of a physical presence in the centre of the park and his height would be welcome defending set pieces. Which has been a weakness for us this year. I'd sooner see him doing the legwork in midfield rather than Whelan or Hourihane anyroad. 

There is a reason why no one has looked at him since his Everton move fell through.

Something must still be putting teams off signing him in terms of medical and fitness wise.

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Going to Man City ruined Bony. Suppose he can't complain on £100k a week at Swansea and done diddy-squat this season

An Aussie team i know are interested in him but doubt they will be paying him £100k a week. Not sustainable 

Shame as was a good player at one point (specially in Czech, Holland and when he went to Swansea)

Bet Swansea can't wait get rid of him

Absolutely bang on V4L.

Bony was brilliant in the PL when he arrived at Swansea and someone I had hoped we would sign from them.

Like you say, moving to Man City ruined his career, like Chelsea did to so many players years ago. Yep massive wages helped play a part but such a shame.

Michu and Llorente also spring to mind of other good strikers Swansea once had that then just dissapeared.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely bang on V4L.

Bony was brilliant in the PL when he arrived at Swansea and someone I had hoped we would sign from them.

Like you say, moving to Man City ruined his career, like Chelsea did to so many players years ago. Yep massive wages helped play a part but such a shame.

Michu and Llorente also spring to mind of other good strikers Swansea once had that then just dissapeared.

We was close to getting him on loan Andy from Vitesse to play alongside Benteke before Bony signed for Swansea.

Vitesse pulled plug at 11th hour. Gutted at the time i was

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8036710/villa-frustrated-in-bony-bid

Wilfried Bony remains keen on a move away from Vitesse Arnhem, but has seen talks regarding a switch to Aston Villa hit a stumbling block.

A loan agreement with the view to a permanent deal being struck at a later date was reached with Villa on Thursday, but Vitesse have now altered their stance.

The Eredivisie side claim they are only willing to discuss a sale, leaving Bony facing up to an uncertain future.

The Ivory Coast international striker has expressed his anger at seeing discussions with Villa break down, while his representative has slammed Vitesse for their handling of the situation.

Bony told De Telegraaf: "This club drives me completely crazy. Yesterday they blocked a transfer to Aston Villa."

New challenge
His agent, Francis Kacou, added: "Wilfried is unhappy at Vitesse.

"Aston Villa wanted to loan him with an option to buy. The deal would net Vitesse almost €10million (£7.9m).

"Yesterday they agreed to that, but in the evening they stated only a permanent deal is possible. We have everything arranged and were planning to leave for Birmingham. Unbelievable.

"Wilfried has to leave Vitesse. He is looking for a new challenge on a higher level.

"Vitesse say they are ambitious, but I don't see that. Wilfried is surrounded by bad players and because of that he can't develop himself any further."

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

We was close to getting him on loan Andy from Vitesse to play alongside Benteke before Bony signed for Swansea.

Vitesse pulled plug at 11th hour. Gutted at the time i was

That would have been something had we got him as he was a hell of a player.

Who knows what could have happened had he also arrived..

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely bang on V4L.

A little like how moving from us to Liverpool ruined Benteke, I would suggest.... 

I remember reading a stat that he won more headers than any other player in the top 5 European leagues in his last season for us.  The same season, Liverpool crossed the ball the least out of all sides in the Premier League.  He didn't fit into Rodgers' system at all...  That and the Achilles injury...

You know we all go on about our crap defence but it's only at home we concede. In our last 4 away games ( Derby,Boro,Albion & Swansea) we have only let in 2 & 1 of those wasn't really a goal. It's just at home we are just to open. I'm sure that's easily dealt with. I don't think it's all that bad overall.

Edited by pintpotvilla
spelling

@RCCelta received an offer from @AVFCOfficial by Nemanja Radoja. At 23 hours, we counted it on @aocontraataque. The player always said he wanted to play in English football. In this case it would be in the Championship, in the Second English, but by the hand of a historical club

Edited by KJT123
  • Thanks 1

To me that suggests we attack more at home so the game is more open and we need defenders to do their job even more so. I would still swap everyone except Tuanzebe. With Bree hopefully providing a selection headache. Our fullbacks in particular, are terrible. 

6 minutes ago, KJT123 said:
@RCCelta received an offer from @AVFCOfficial by Nemanja Radoja. At 23 hours, we counted it on @aocontraataque. The player always said he wanted to play in English football. In this case it would be in the Championship, in the Second English, but by the hand of a historical club

DCM with 2 caps for Serbia. Competes for the same spot as Matic and Fejsa so...

Seen him play a few times for Celta when Guidetti was there but cant say I really remember much as I didn't particularly study him.

Pretty tidy passer from what I remember (kinda have to be to play in La Liga) but a bit slow.

A quick look says he was on his way to West Ham in the summer but they ended up signing Sanchez.

Contract is up in the summer so shouldn't be too expensive.

37 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Looks like a possible Juan Fran (Our new Spanish Scout) suggestion that club looking at

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sne said:

DCM with 2 caps for Serbia. Competes for the same spot as Matic and Fejsa so...

Seen him play a few times for Celta when Guidetti was there but cant say I really remember much as I didn't particularly study him.

Pretty tidy passer from what I remember (kinda have to be to play in La Liga) but a bit slow.

A quick look says he was on his way to West Ham in the summer but they ended up signing Sanchez.

Contract is up in the summer so shouldn't be too expensive.

Honestly never seen this player myself :D hope he's good

• Like 1

With thanks to my Venezuelan other half for the translate:

To quote Altetico Madrid's Jonny Otto, currently on loan at Wolves on Spanish radio speaking to Victor Lopez-

"I would be happy for Radoja, be it Aston Villa or another. I'm sure he's not having a good time. I hope he can go out as much for him as for Celta."

"Me alegraría por Radoja, sea Aston Villa u otro.Seguro que no lo está pasando bien.Ojalá pueda salir tanto para él como para el Celta"

Seems like he refused to sign a new contract in the summer and has since not been part of the clubs plans after falling out with the club.

Apparently desperate for a move to England and turned down among others Fiorentina.

Juanfran has been talking to his brother/adviser and convinced him to sign for us.

Then again Spanish papers are full of a as much crap as English so pinch of salt until confirmed.