Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

My main concern is the effort and fight, defending as a team etc, or lack of all those things.

It's like people turning on Nakamba, when he first came in to the 11 people were praising him, and I think he works hard, ibalso think one of the main issues is he was working hard and few others were which was leaving him isolated, even the best players can look poor when isolated (not saying he's the best player, just that he was isolated).

Most of our players just look like they are hiding and not helping defend as a team, I honestly don't think the "defence" itself isnt a problem (not the main problem), I honestly think its partly that we play an open(ish) style which is prone to leaving them exposed, ESPECIALLY when 50% of the team isn't defending from the front, tracking back or pressing properly, or just hiding and not offering out balls.

I can forgive a lack of talent, but I cant forgive a lack of effort or fight, and I think a fair few of our players are hiding.

What shocks me more is that it has been allowed to happen, maybe deano is a little soft?, but with someone like JT and Mings in the dressing room, I'm surprised they haven't been beasting anyone who doesn't work hard?

I said it in another thread, when watching liverpool v wolves is it was insightful how hard both teams worked right from the strikers back, players on both sides offering themselves for the ball, tracking back and working hard, its embarrassing when you compare that work rate to ours, that's not skill, thats just pure effort and work rate.

Is it that deano has lost the players and they aren't working for him?, i don't know, but what I do know is the lack of effort and work rate is criminal, no excuse for it.

Cant put it any better than that.

• Like 2

Once you start noticing the lack of effort from the players game after game, I think it's a telling sign something ain't right in the camp.  The owners won't put up with 30, 40, 50k a week players not putting a shift in, an if they don't change, unfortunately it's not the players who get sacked.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

His persistence with Wesley is the only reason I want him to go. Just that one man. All he has to do is drop him. Just drop him. Simple as that. It’s really easy. Just don’t write his name down on the team sheet. 

The club failed him (I think) with a load of rubbish signings in the summer and made his job tough, no question, but to not drop the worst player in our entire squad, regardless of how he plays, is a sackable offence in itself. 

Just drop him, you’ll feel better. 

It's going to cost him his job and it makes me sad. It makes me sad that he's robbing fans of the joy of winning a match.

We're playing someone who would struggle to make an impact in league 2 every single game. It's absolutely crazy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We're playing someone who would struggle to make an impact in league 2 every single game. It's absolutely crazy.

Are you lot trying to out do each other?

By the time I wake up tomorrow it will be that he couldn't even make the bench for the under 9's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By the time I wake up tomorrow it will be that he couldn't even make the bench for the under 9's. 

The Wesley thread will eventually just be audio recordings of death threats people have left on his voicemail.

And quote replies "FFS we've gone soft" when someone hasn't included enough torture in their message.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The Wesley thread will eventually just be audio recordings of death threats people have left on his voicemail.

And quote replies "FFS we've gone soft" when someone hasn't included enough torture in their message.

It's a maddening phenomenon, it really does seem an obsession. There is one poster in general who has literally been commenting the same one liners in every other post 24/7 hoping to get a reaction/lynch mob going ffs. 🤣

I'm trying my best to ignore (not bite onto some of the hyperbole).

I want him dropped for my own sanity at this point. Lol

Man just lock the damn thread! 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Three more years of it as well :(

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

Stopped reading after the first sentence. No, it's really, really not. 

Liverpool keep saying ( over the years and with different managers ) we keep doing the basics,eg passing,tackling,shooting,heading.Do you think footballers should have a digree in physics or what ?

15 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Liverpool keep saying ( over the years and with different managers ) we keep doing the basics,eg passing,tackling,shooting,heading.Do you think footballers should have a digree in physics or what ?

What's a 'digree'? 

Do you really think that all the analytics they do, the amount they put into sport science and recruitment at all levels is simple?

It's not.

16 hours ago, Graham t said:

Brian Clough would diasagree with you. He said football was a 'simple game made complicated by idiots'. Personally I feel he was right.

Brian Clough can't disagree because he's been dead for 15 years and you shouldn't presume to speak for him.

In any case, he stopped managing 26 years ago and in his last season Forest were relegated - it looked as though the modern game was already getting away from him.

It is not a 'simple game' now - it's evolved way beyond that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Man must have a vendetta against Kodjia

I'm wondering if rumours that he is definitely off in January must be true?

Otherwise it is very strange indeed.

I'm thinking they want shot of him (So don't want to risk injury), or they have had issues behind the scenes.

Â