Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Football is a simple game.My theory on why we are so bad now is ( related to my post ) we started the season really well against Spurs and Arsenal etc but as the season has wore on the players have realised that they are runnung into a brick wall and are now on the point of giving up entirely.Nothing new is comming from DS,not Kodija up front ( or even El Gazar ) no new formation.Just keep plugging away at the old system no matter what and keep telling the bolloking the players for not trying while at the same time giving them no option at all up front.Keep playing Jack out wide is another of his master strokes.

Stopped reading after the first sentence. No, it's really, really not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Inspiration said:

I’d love to see keinan and Wes deployed in a front two but it’s never going to happen with smith is it. Love the guy but horrifically stubborn with this system

Think we did it against Palace for a bit after we went down to 10 men? From what I remember, it worked surprisingly well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Think we did it against Palace for a bit after we went down to 10 men? From what I remember, it worked surprisingly well.

I think you’re right, keinan has the dirty side of the game that Wes just doesn’t posses, think they’d both thrive in a two. 

*i use the term thrive loosely fwiw*

1 hour ago, The Inspiration said:

I’d love to see keinan and Wes deployed in a front two but it’s never going to happen with smith is it. Love the guy but horrifically stubborn with this system

Great, 2 strikers on the pitch that don't know how to score rather than just the one.

• Haha 1

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Great, 2 strikers on the pitch that don't know how to score rather than just the one.

I mean in a sense you aren’t wrong.

That being said the alternative is two wingers that can’t beat a man, track back, beat the first man with a cross or finish their dinner. 

no win atm really is it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

I mean in a sense you aren’t wrong.

That being said the alternative is two wingers that can’t beat a man, track back, beat the first man with a cross or finish their dinner. 

no win atm really is it

Or that other striker we have that seems to score a few when he is played for more than 5 minutes at a time...

No idea why Smith is being so stubborn, Wesley clearly can't cut it on his own so either drop him & play Kodjia or stick someone else up there with him in a two. Either would make the opposition a little more concerned about pushing players higher up the pitch than the not exactly nippy Wes just stood on his own 5 yards inside his own half

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting stat on villa on tour vid, we are the only team in the premiership this season so far to NOT score a single headed goal......

Blimey....

I'm sure Jack scored a diving header, just off the top of my head... lol

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Or that other striker we have that seems to score a few when he is played for more than 5 minutes at a time...

No idea why Smith is being so stubborn, Wesley clearly can't cut it on his own so either drop him & play Kodjia or stick someone else up there with him in a two. Either would make the opposition a little more concerned about pushing players higher up the pitch than the not exactly nippy Wes just stood on his own 5 yards inside his own half

Agree with you mate but he clearly isn’t keen on kodjia is he. Funny because I’m sure when we came up I remember him saying the style of play in the prem would suit him blah blah blah. 

maybe jt has been in his ear and he’s shagged deans mrs, who knows

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure Jack scored a diving header, just off the top of my head... lol

Nope.

Jack's goals are the scuffed shot against Brighton, left footed shot at Norwich, long shots at Southampton and Man U and that shot before half time against Leicester

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nope.

Jack's goals are the scuffed shot against Brighton, left footed shot at Norwich, long shots at Southampton and Man U and that shot before half time against Leicester

Jesus I've gone all the way back to his goal in the Derby haven't I?

My bad, brain ain't workin.

Thats a horrendous stat then,

Right now, Dean's system is breaking down because McGinn is out and both AEG and Trez are not playing their positions well at all.

Are they linking with the midfield and full-backs? No. Are they beating their man? AEG sometimes. Are they defending their man? No. Do Trez and AEG make smart passes or plays? No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Stopped reading after the first sentence. No, it's really, really not. 

Brian Clough would diasagree with you. He said football was a 'simple game made complicated by idiots'. Personally I feel he was right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â