Dean Smith

Demitri_C

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

spurs = grealish caught dreaming on the D and dispossessed = villa conceed

giants of world football bournmouth = Trezoiuget playing square ball on the D to luiz who tries some brazillian magic with a amazing dummy. = villa conceed

This is hard evidence that Smith is insane.FACT!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Do you have a date in mind when we should win a game too?

No. 

Im confident that before the end of the Season we will Win 10\12 games and finish between 10th and 16 th.

But at the moment if we play well, and the opposition play well, my expectations are that we will lose most games.

We won’t, of course, and we won’t always play well, and the opposition won’t always play well.

We will Win games I expect us to lose.

But for some it seems we are already losing games they expect us to Win.

Edited by terrytini
Typo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

giants of world football bournmouth = Trezoiuget playing square ball on the D to luiz who tries some brazillian magic with a amazing dummy. = villa conceed

Okay.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Everton. 

Expectations ?

I expect us to lose.

Because I expect them to play well, and us to play well, and at this moment, if that happens, they should Win.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to win so long as we don't give them a headstart like yesterday.  I'd definitely bring in Hourihane though as I think we need to get everything we can from set pieces.  That would mean playing Jack in the front 3, as we saw yesterday he can still find a yard of space to find a shot or get brough down near the edge of the box.  It would mean we could start with Conor and Doug both in defensive midfield to start with to keep us more secure for the first half hour, then Doug can move further forward once we've hopefully settled into the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I was wrong, it wasn't at 2-0, it was at 1-0. We pressed ferociously after our keeper had given away a penalty after 90 seconds, we were all over them. The first 90 seconds nothing had happened.

Did you see the game? Honestly, I'm just wondering. We worked so hard that first half trying to right wrongs, can't believe anyone would say we weren't pressing. Think we paid for it at the end to be honest, lacked a bit of bounce last 10 mins.

Spot on mate. 

We gave it all we had. It looked a bit shoddy at times and a bit rushed so it's right that they need to learn to rest a bit on the ball. 

The lack of bounce at the end was a bit worrying as we also tailed off last week against Spurs. For me, that's the only real concern I have about the team going forward and I think that will be addressed as soon as January arrives. We need someone better than Kodjia and Davis coming off the bench as neither of them look like making an impact right now. 

I think Deano needs to drop Taylor as he offers nothing going forward. Personally, I think he should play Targett. El Ghazi should be dropped with Jota playing wide right and Trezeguet moving out wide left so he can cut in onto his right foot. We should then go with a bench of:

Steer, Hause, Guilbert, Hourihane, Nakamba, Kodjia and El Ghazi. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to win so long as we don't give them a headstart like yesterday.  I'd definitely bring in Hourihane though as I think we need to get everything we can from set pieces.  That would mean playing Jack in the front 3, as we saw yesterday he can still find a yard of space to find a shot or get brough down near the edge of the box.  It would mean we could start with Conor and Doug both in defensive midfield to start with to keep us more secure for the first half hour, then Doug can move further forward once we've hopefully settled into the game.

I fully agree.

There is no reason at all why we shouldn’t be able to Win. We WILL win games against the Top 6.

The point I was making in my debate with TRO was that I didn’t EXPECT us to a win.

Seems pretty clear to me that those who expect Wins are going to be more disappointed - and thus more critical - than those who ( more realistically in my view) don’t.

13 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The hard evidence is that you are a troll. FACT!

Everton is 100% defeat. We shit our pants at every high press and give gifts.

Everyteam in the prem will know we are under strict instructions to play it out from the back to keep the attendance figures high.

However if we can get Daniel Sturridge in it would give everyone a lift. especially the dog snatchers in chemsley wood.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think Deano needs to drop Taylor as he offers nothing going forward. Personally, I think he should play Targett. El Ghazi should be dropped with Jota playing wide right and Trezeguet moving out wide left so he can cut in onto his right foot. 

I get the frustration with Taylor when it comes to the final third and the importance full-backs have in the attacking play of a team in the modern game. I wonder though if Targett is any better. One of his shortcomings according to Saints fans is his lack of pace which suggests he might disappoint a fair few people expecting him to hurt the opposition around their penalty area. 

Defensively Taylor hasn't put a foot wrong so far (we can imagine the reaction when he does) so calls for him to be dropped seem harsh indeed. First and foremost a defender has to be able to defend and he's done so with accomplishment.

I'd imagine the time to try out Targett and Guilbert will be against Crewe and then we can judge if they really offer that much more than Taylor and Elmo.

25 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Are you OK?

• Haha 1

It took the players a bit of time to get used to Smith's way of playing when he first joined the club. Having brought in 12 new players it is clearly going to take them time to get up to speed as well.

The only thing I am concerned about is the lack of striking options that we have as it's putting a lot of pressure on Wesley, but I guess that there was no point shelling out for a player that wouldn't have fit in to the style that we are playing.

His mentality, and team structure and shape is bang on. His recruitment, is bang on, we have a team with limited time playing together, and yet the signs there were very promising. Luiz looks a bargain, as does Engels, as does Trezeguet, Guilbert abd Taggart will bring in more attacking options, and if it wasn't for a ridiculous decision by Heaton we would have won the game.

I'm confident we will be half way at least.

27 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Everyteam in the prem will know we are under strict instructions to play it out from the back to keep the attendance figures high.

However if we can get Daniel Sturridge in it would give everyone a lift. especially the dog snatchers in chemsley wood.

Mods need to take a look at you. Something not right here. Smells of a troll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, I mean pressing an opponent when they have the ball and we don't. We did loads of it for me.

We also aren't Man City.

I don't expect to be Man City in order to press, other teams in this league press.....just using them as an obvious example to highlight.....Don't be distracted by the name, its the principle you should focusing on.

49 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

So one was dreaming and the other did a dummy.? That’s not the same right? Its concede btw. Conceed is not a word. 

• Haha 1

What I would do moving forward

I would look at 4-2-3-1.......with Marvellous and Dougie in the 2.......Trez/hourihane- McGinn-Jack in the 3, further up field......striker up front.

I have concerns that we are currently committing 4 players to the flanks and its debatable how effective that is.......Many years ago just like the top 6 now, we had full backs that could raid down the flanks with quality crosses, that means you deploy 2 more players to securing the midfield, who in turn can support the striker......not sure we have the quality at full back to do that, but we will see as we progress.

At present I think we will get undone playing 2 dedicated wingers, its leaving too much work in the middle and positional play from the middle is being deemed suspect.

Just a suggestion, no more than that......The gaffer will do it his way.

49 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Don't try so hard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

No. 

Im confident that before the end of the Season we will Win 10\12 games and finish between 10th and 16 th.

But at the moment if we play well, and the opposition play well, my expectations are that we will lose most games.

We won’t, of course, and we won’t always play well, and the opposition won’t always play well.

We will Win games I expect us to lose.

But for some it seems we are already losing games they expect us to Win.

For me, if you have me in mind of course.....I expect to get the majority of our points at Home, that totals 19 minus 1= 18 left.....take out the top 6 that leaves 12......supposing that happens leaves us with 36 points.

Bournemouth was one of the weaker teams away from home last season......so yes I expected/hoped/fancied/suspected we would win.

• Like 1

I think we need to improve on pass and move scenarios more, especially becoming quicker in moving the ball on, sure it will come in time that.

I think it was a good effort yesterday, it's a shame we had two goals come past us in a very bad way early on.

One thing I hate is all this blaming one player attitude some fans seem to be going with, it's very poor and no single person gets the blame for yesterday, it's a group effort.

• Like 2

Â