Dean Smith

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool, glad you're happy with a draw at home to Hull.

I'll remember that for the next similar result.

Since Smith has arrived, over those 23 games Hull are actually 3rd in the form guide. 

There are a handful of results that have had me wondering about Smith being the right man. For me, the Hull game isn’t one of them.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He better make it. We have a much better squad than Blues. Embarrassing if we don't beat them

How embarrassed were you with the two away draws we managed in the past two years?

Dean Smith was not signed for the short term,sure no one is going to be bold enough to write off seasons,because stadiums have to be filled, players have to be motivated to win games.

The squad is in transition and we are relying on too many loan players.....We will know when the team is ready to challenge....some of us fans might do well to take a longer term view, including myself.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Long term is fine as long as you can see improvement and what the manager is trying to do. That’s why I feel Villa should stick with Smith for the time being even if Villa aren’t promoted this season.

We’ll know more next season after he’s been given a fair crack of the whip.

• Like 1

*edit* cant be bothered.

I will say that Smith needs time and our support. He needs a run with his full strength team. All the signs and foundations are looking good, results will come.

Keep the faith brothers.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Since Smith has arrived, over those 23 games Hull are actually 3rd in the form guide. 

There are a handful of results that have had me wondering about Smith being the right man. For me, the Hull game isn’t one of them.

It was just an example, on paper I would hope that we would be beating the likes of Hull at home with relative ease. 

Anyway, all irrelevant if we're going to continue last weekends form to the end of the season :)

I don't know whether Dean Smith will achieve his vision of how an Aston Villa team should play (but I hope he does).  What I do know is that Dean Smith's vision of how a team should play and Steve Bruce's "vision" are poles apart.  I'm glad we're giving Smith time to reach his potential instead of giving Bruce more time to "achieve" his.

• Like 3

This is why I prefer to listen to these guys in the video than some of you, sometimes theres no sense lmao.. Well there's at least a mention of villatalk around the 45+ minute mark with the talk of goalkeepers. they talk about everything villa and break it down properly absoloute enjoy listening to them.

I think Smith will be able to bring his vision alive before those fans get too abusive and those at the top decide to bring someone new in. I think the owners and those under the owners have a plan and know where were going. Were all in the dark with that type of plan, but you can sense it's there, well I think you can.

Edited by Dave-R

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This is why I prefer to listen to these guys in the video than some of you, sometimes theres no sense lmao.. Well there's at least a mention of villatalk around the 45+ minute mark with the talk of goalkeepers. they talk about everything villa and break it down properly absoloute enjoy listening to them.

I think Smith will be able to bring his vision alive before those fans get too abusive and those at the top decide to bring someone new in. I think the owners and those under the owners have a plan and know where were going. Were all in the dark with that type of plan, but you can sense it's there, well I think you can.

@ChrisVillan used to do a good podcast. Any chance that'll be revived soon?

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I don't know whether Dean Smith will achieve his vision of how an Aston Villa team should play (but I hope he does).  What I do know is that Dean Smith's vision of how a team should play and Steve Bruce's "vision" are poles apart.  I'm glad we're giving Smith time to reach his potential instead of giving Bruce more time to "achieve" his.

Well I live in yorkshire and see the game derby between Wednesday and utd and it was a bore lol. You had utd attacking all game and Bruce's Wednesday just cancelled it all out. I never see such a game, well we have because it use to be us, Bruce doesnt half make games boring and slow but thats his style. The styles between bruce and Smith are world's apart you are completely right and I'm glad we got rid, shame we didn't do it sooner but here we are.

I was watching for Hogan, hoping he would come on but nope, i honestly thought theyd bring him on around the 75th minute mark.

Sheffield United's bill sharp in my eyes is the perfect example of how nasty the championship has gone. Sharp was absoute dirty all the game and never got carded once. Take a look at the game if you can sharp was absolutely disgusting at times and at one point he should of been red carded..

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Villa review was the best one. Villa view is decent but always enjoyed listening to @chrisvillan, he was very good at it. 

Him and Steve he did it with great. Steve on here somewhere? Reveal yourself!!

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Villa review was the best one. Villa view is decent but always enjoyed listening to @chrisvillan, he was very good at it. 

Villa view are expanding it seems from just the two guys to around 6 doing the podcasts, so there's more to listen too.

You don't see anything on villa review anymore, you type it in it seems to of all vanished, shame..

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Him and Steve he did it with great. Steve on here somewhere? Reveal yourself!!

Chris is on here sure of it.

I was thinking of trying the podcast stuff myself but it would be different. Since I live in yorkshire it would be villa v the Yorkshire teams and I'm sure there would be some hot talk. You never really know if it will hit home till you try it but I'm sure I could mix it up and bring a different style to these podcasts with different views as I know plenty of Wednesday and united fans..

6 hours ago, striker said:

Long term is fine as long as you can see improvement and what the manager is trying to do. That’s why I feel Villa should stick with Smith for the time being even if Villa aren’t promoted this season.

We’ll know more next season after he’s been given a fair crack of the whip.

nail firmly on head.

• Like 1

Â