Dean Smith

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Watching the steel city derby, what a deja vu of our last seasons, Sheff W at home, sitting back protecting the box, playing on the counter and hoofing, hardly created a chance during the whole first half. Bruce shouting and barking in every situation. 

Makes me feel glad and relieved that we have a manager who has a passing and attacking style philosophy.

You're obviously not one of "the intelligent ones".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Watching the steel city derby, what a deja vu of our last seasons, Sheff W at home, sitting back protecting the box, playing on the counter and hoofing, hardly created a chance during the whole first half. Bruce shouting and barking in every situation. 

Makes me feel glad and relieved that we have a manager who has a passing and attacking style philosophy.

Stop being hysterical

3 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

I love the I don't mind Smith being questioned then in the next sentence basically says don't question Smith posts.  They always make me giggle,  My car has just cost me a fortune at its MOT so @Vive_La_Villa I thank you for cheering me up lol

Are questioning him and writing him off as as Aston Villa manager the same thing?

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

But it’s only the results that count ! ;)

This is a really strange league. As bad have we have been for long spells this season, we will be only 6 points behind 6th, if Bristol city lose their game in hand. In 3 games time we could actually be in 6th ourselves, as they have got leeds and Sheffield utd and we are playing 2 teams who are just above us. Let that sink in! 

Edited by Made In Aston

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are questioning him and writing him off as as Aston Villa manager the same thing?

That's a question for you not me, see i believe you can question a manager without wanting them sacked but people like you can't comprehend that.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

That's a question for you not me, see i believe you can question a manager without wanting them sacked but people like you can't comprehend that.

If any of my posts have come across that way then I take them back. It wasn’t my intention. 

I was even questioning Smith myself when we were winning games but conceding soft goals. 

My posts over the last few days were aimed at those who continually post he is not fit for the job. It’s not really giving the guy much of a chance is it? 

Anyway they seem to be very quiet the last few days...

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

This is a really strange league. As bad have we have been for long spells this season, we will be only 6 points behind 6th, if Bristol city lose their game in hand. In 3 games time we could actually be in 6th ourselves, as they have got leeds and Sheffield utd and we are playing 2 teams who are just above us. Let that sink in! 

I think what you are saying is if we win a few games on the bounce we could be back in there. However it is our inability to win a sequence of games as to why we aren't in there. 

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If any of my posts have come across that way then I take them back. It wasn’t my intention. 

I was even questioning Smith myself when we were winning games but conceding soft goals. 

My posts over the last few days were aimed at those who continually post he is not fit for the job. It’s not really giving the guy much of a chance is it? 

Anyway they seem to be very quiet the last few days...

Manager wins games fans are happy - how its always been and how it always be

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Manager wins games fans are happy - how its always been and how it always be

You sure about that mate? We won quite a lot of games last season but fans wernt happy.  

Didn’t Bruce have the best win ratio of all Villa managers at one point? He knew how to grind out results. But you always knew it wasn’t sustainable because we always looked crap. 

Anyway as performances improve the wins will come. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You sure about that mate? We won quite a lot of games last season but fans wernt happy.  

Didn’t Bruce have the best win ratio of all Villa managers at one point? He knew how to grind out results. But you always knew it wasn’t sustainable because we always looked crap. 

Anyway as performances improve the wins will come. 

The point I was responding to was that (I think yourself) said the Smith doubters had gone quiet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

The point I was responding to was that (I think yourself) said the Smith doubters had gone quiet. 

Its good though to have a couple of days without people mentioning that he only ever finished 9th with Brentford ;) 

• Like 1

I'm really dreading next season if we lose Grealish seeing how dependent we're on him to win football games.

Also if the plan is to ship out 8-9 players and also bring in an equal amount of players. That's alot of change in a short space of time and will cause disruption.

There's a reason why all the top clubs rarely do more than 1 or 2 signings every season, it's to keep the balance and consistency in the squad and create as less confusion as possible.

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm really dreading next season if we lose Grealish seeing how dependent we're on him to win football games.

Also if the plan is to ship out 8-9 players and also bring in an equal amount of players. That's alot of change in a short space of time and will cause disruption.

There's a reason why all the top clubs rarely do more than 1 or 2 signings every season, it's to keep the balance and consistency in the squad and create as less confusion as possible.

Yet you complained other day that we didnt rebuild enough in January when 7 players came into the squad including loan returns

Maje up your mind 🤔

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet you complained other day that we didnt rebuild enough in January when 7 players came into the squad including loan returns

Maje up your mind 🤔

I was just about to say the same thing. It's laughable, it really is 😂😂

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

and i thought grealish being out wasnt the reason we weren't winning?? come on man...the joke's over now surely...you're here on a wind up aren't you?

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maje up your mind 🤔

Not what i said at all.

I said we wasted money at the wrong positions. The millions wasted on a bang average keeper should have been spent at the fullback positions as both Hutton and Taylor are nowhere near good enough. Also i'm no fan of loan signing as there is no guarantee to keep them.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not what i said at all.

I said we wasted money at the wrong positions. The millions wasted on a bang average keeper should have been spent at the fullback positions as both Hutton and Taylor are nowhere near good enough. Also i'm no fan of loan signing as there is no guarantee to keep them.

No shit sherlock

Â