Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not starting McGinn nearly costed us the game, but at the end of the day we won and that is all that matters.

Yes, good management by smith don’t you think?, shore it up with whelan then bring McGinn on when they are tired :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Subs won the game today and credit is deserved

I would argue had McGinn started we would have won more easily.

It's easier to win when you have better players on the field, not rocket science really.

Delph did an ok job last year at lb when they had injuries but once Mendy got fit Delph was out of the team. That'w what you have to do as a coach, you have to be ruthless sometimes. Yes Whelan has been alright, but McGinn is 10 times the player he is and should have started.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would argue you would argue whatever happens

I would argue that you are right and if you disagree.....we'll sit down and have a chat and both realise that you were right!

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Disagree. Whelan was needed first half especially in my opinion. Calming influence. 

Sorry got to disagree. He did nothing to calm us. He created panic with some of his abysmal play

**** the average Villa fan is a strange species....we win away against our rivals for the double...win back to back matches after a disappointing run and yet....and yet some have to be disappointed in something....ffs!!

Said it before and gonna repeat it that haters gonna hate...regardless!

Edited by New_Hope
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Disagree. Whelan was needed first half especially in my opinion. Calming influence. 

Calming by what? Getting overrun in midfield? Misplacing passes the whole game?

Whelan was poor today, and straight away when McGinn came on we started playing football, creating chances. Starting Whelan today nearly costed us the game and it was a mistake by Smith. Hopefully he can learn from it and never ever repeat it.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Calming by what? Getting overrun in midfield? Misplacing passes the whole game?

Whelan was poor today, and straight away when McGinn came on we started playing football, creating chances. Starting Whelan today nearly costed us the game and it was a mistake by Smith. Hopefully he can learn from it and never ever repeat it.

Bluenose

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m not even a Whelan fan and I thought he was good today and much needed. Game is a matter of opinions but Smith can look back and say it worked and rightly so imo. 

Smith will start McGinn in next game, and everything will be right. Today, Whelan did his job, no complaints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Come off it dude

Oh sorry forgot you're not allowed to be critical or disagree with Smith's decisions if we win on this site.

Hadn't Grealish scored on that wonder strike it would been another draw and you would have a whole different tune. That's the problem with the majority of the fans on here, they don't actually analyze the game, they are so stuck up on the scoreline and ignore everything else.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Oh sorry forgot you're not allowed to be critical or disagree with Smith's decisions if we win on this site.

Hadn't Grealish scored on that wonder strike it would been another draw and you would have a whole different tune. That's the problem with the majority of the fans on here, they don't actually analyze the game, they are so stuck up on the scoreline and ignore everything else.

But none of that happened?

You're criticizing Smith on a hypothetical scenario. You're obsessed.

• Like 4

Â