Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets be honest, it will take a long time for any manager to sort us out. We're a mess. 

I disagree. Yes, it will take time, it won’t be instant. Not sure we are in that much of a mess like we were when we got relegated. I expect to see a change sooner rather than later. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems like he is going to coach the hell out of a squad. It feels like they’ve had it easy for too long. 

They better get a good night's sleep Sunday. Training session they've not seen the likes of .

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has hung him out to dry thats for sure. Played the easy games and delivered a pathetic showing before the dreaded december games. 

To be fair, that was clearly not Bruce's aim, and hanging someone out to dry requires intent.

Bruce was not what we needed and should have been moved on much sooner, but he wasn't malicious or intentionally destructive.  Still less did he have the nous to lay booby traps for his successor (though looking at the CB situation, we could be forgiven for thinking otherwise).

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They better get a good night's sleep Sunday. Training session they've not seen the likes of .

It would be really interesting to hear some thoughts from players in a few weeks time on how training is different.

17 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Last time I was this pleased for a managerial appointment was probably Remi Garde, hope it goes better than that one

Well he only has to win 4 games to be better than that knob

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

Just now, peterms said:

It would be really interesting to hear some thoughts from players in a few weeks time on how training is different.

“So, it like turns out that a like right back can like play at right back and a like centre forward can like stay off the right wing. And also sleeve rolling is like not essential. But most surprising of all, there or thereabouts is not effin good enough. Innit.”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Remi Garde was probably the most shafted manager in our modern history. Left with a shit squad and no money for transfers he never stood a chance. Dean Smith has won the lottery by comparison.

If thats true wouldn't Garde have gone onto better things  ? - and end of season flurry saved his job at Montreal impact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

If thats true wouldn't Garde have gone onto better things  ? - and end of season flurry saved his job at Montreal impact.

Whether Garde is any good or not is kinda moot. He was shafted with that squad and that ownership.

Anyway, I like how hands on with the training Smith appears to be. Hopefully he’ll take his first training session and realise right away what he’s got and where they’ve been going wrong.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
Add Smith musing
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hope not - Houllier tried that ended up with a very unhappy squad and a shed load of injuries.

I don't buy the fitness thing anyway - most pro's like to keep fit - I will also be little disappointed if smith starts his reign bleating out that old cliche 'these players have appalling fitness levels"   whilst some fitness work is important where I feel we are lacking is a lack of cohesion going forward - and organisation in defence 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hope not - Houllier tried that ended up with a very unhappy squad and a shed load of injuries.

I don't buy the fitness thing anyway - most pro's like to keep fit - I will also be little disappointed if smith starts his reign bleating out that old cliche 'these players have appalling fitness levels"   whilst some fitness work is important where I feel we are lacking is a lack of cohesion going forward - and organisation in defence 

That's funny.....didn't see any fitness related work in that video....it was all technique.  I do believe that is what johnnyp is referring to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â