Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They are not proving that, they are showing that is how we are playing. That doesn't prove it is where we should be

What does that even mean? Everything else is just different stats for whatever you want to prove the point you are trying to make, good or bad!  We win some, we lose some, we draw some.  We lost 3-0 to Chelsea but deserved something, we beat Man U playing well, we lost to Watford and deserve to lose.  We are a midtable team, playing like a midtable team consistent wise and getting points like one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We have Billionaire owners, it's not like the old days under Lerner and Xia. The owners and the board are showing serious ambition and spending serious money, so I would think, expect progression and not to stand still. We are not a club like Southampton Burnley or Newcastle, who's owners just expect to stay in the Prem, we are being pushed and funded to reach European Football and soon enough I would think silverware.

So they'll sack him then. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Funny thing is, if any club in the league were looking to do what you're suggesting, Dean Smith would be near the top if not at the top of their lists of becoming their Brendan Rodgers.

Really? You'd think he'd be on Newcastle's radar given where they are? Or say West Ham, Spurs or Everton if they change managers again?

Not saying he wouldn't get another prem job as that would be very harsh but think it would be more like Brighton as he'd be a good fit for them post Potter.

Rodgers when he joined Leicester had managed in CL and came very close to winning prem title so he had a little bit more on his C.V.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

What does that even mean? Everything else is just different stats for whatever you want to prove the point you are trying to make, good or bad!  We win some, we lose some, we draw some.  We lost 3-0 to Chelsea but deserved something, we beat Man U playing well, we lost to Watford and deserve to lose.  We are a midtable team, playing like a midtable team consistent wise and getting points like one.

Using your logic then it would be fair to say we have a mid table manager or do you disagree with that?

7 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Just read Smith post match interview, he said team “lose a little composure, they got the set pieces & score from them”. 
But he took off Luis/ Bhundia & brought in Ramsey / Nakamba( less technician gifted players ) & expect those 2 have the calmness to circulate the ball / do Ronda/ kill the games off.. 

I am sure as head coach he should know Nakamba /Ramsey are not the technical gifted type like the Latin players that has close ball control and can be task to have composure /do Ronda for 10 mins to see the game off. Samson would be more suitable than Ramsey for this role.

if he don’t have this foresight & just simply bring them on to replace tired legs & simply asked to them to just defend deep, than I am very disappointed and doubt his ability to take us forward. 

Sanson has barely played for us, I’m not sure at that point bringing on Sanson at that point after all the injuries would be wise.  

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

had a 15 minute meltdown and lost the game, it happens.

It should not be acceptable for it to happen. You do not accept, you find out why and you fix the bloody problem

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

Just now, VillaChris said:

Really? You'd think he'd be on Newcastle's radar given where they are? Or say West Ham, Spurs or Everton if they change managers again?

Not saying he wouldn't get another prem job as that would be very harsh but think it would be more like Brighton as he'd be a good fit for them post Potter.

Rodgers when he joined Leicester had managed in CL and came very close to winning prem title so he had a little bit more on his C.V.

The only thing that would hold them back is the fact that he seems very secure in his job and is a Villa fan. If Graham Potter is in the conversation for the Arsenal or Spurs jobs for doing absolutely nothing of note, you would think Smith would definitely be on some radars.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Whenever we win Smith deserves the credit; whenever we lose it's always the players' fault.

The completely illogical mind of those who relentlessly defend Smith at every turn. 

Are you saying people don’t give the players credit when we win? 😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

They definitely will which is why i said they wont likely accept 12th as comfortably as some fans would. 

I’d agree with that too. They’re not here to make up the numbers that’s for sure. I don’t know if Dean can take us where they/we want us to go, hopefully he can. However NSWE  don’t strike me as sentimental anymore than they come across as knee jerk owners. Intelligent, measured and ruthless are probably more accurate descriptions. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Using your logic then it would be fair to say we have a mid table manager or do you disagree with that?

Not sure how that is using the same logic and we could go into why but into answer you question I don’t think we have mid table manager, he’s better than that.

Just now, Keyblade said:

The only thing that would hold them back is the fact that he seems very secure in his job and is a Villa fan. If Graham Potter is in the conversation for the Arsenal or Spurs jobs for doing absolutely nothing of note, you would think Smith would definitely be on some radars.

Potter went abroad and got unknown Swedish club into europa knock outs so he does have that on his CV.

I don't see DS in conversation for those jobs really. Rightly or wrongly people will look at him having Grealish for large parts of his reign and also money he's spent and conclude he's had resources other similar standard managers haven't e.g. Sean Dyche.

Can certainly see him being in England contention though post Southgate as he conducts himself the way the FA like and generally appoint managers e.g. low key and not stirring things up. Plus he's managed a fair few already in England squad and would be respected.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It should not be acceptable for it to happen. You do not accept, you find out why and you fix the bloody problem

and they will work through it because that’s what they do.

Smith has shown in the past he keeps learning and adapts.  Some people on here don’t agree with that but a lot do.

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Whenever we win Smith deserves the credit; whenever we lose it's always the players' fault.

The completely illogical mind of those who relentlessly defend Smith at every turn. 

People that post this are such children. There are plenty of examples where Deans lack of subs or poor game management has deserved criticism but god forbid people argue that Dean shouldn’t be blamed for the collapse in this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not sure how that is using the same logic and we could go into why but into answer you question I don’t think we have mid table manager, he’s better than that.

If he's better than a midtable manager than surely he would be doing better with this midtable squad seeing as we're actually below the middle of the table?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah that's true. When we beat man u, not one player got any credit on here. 

When we beat Everton no one posted one positive thing in the Bailey thread. 

Haha good one.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

and they will work through it because that’s what they do.

Smith has shown in the past he keeps learning and adapts.  Some people on here don’t agree with that but a lot do.

I agree that Smith learns and improves. My comment was saying that it is unacceptable to simply move on, we must learn. However, Smith needs to up the speed of his learning. His position will become untenable if we have too many more performances like this

Â