Dean Smith

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t agree with this, I don’t think his position is under threat if he got 12th.  We all want more but if he got 12th he’ll be around next season imo.

I think he will get fired if we finish twelfth and probably, in my view, he would deserve to. I don’t think we will finish that low though. We will be top 10 and he will be fine.

From there he needs to work on consistency of performance. We are up and down like a roller coaster at the moment. Results are always going to be a bit patchy at our level but we must arrest the performance issues. I genuinely think we have only played well twice this season so far. I also think we have only played badly twice. The rest has been a bit below average. Lots to ponder for Dean.Our overall record in 2021 is not great so we really need a strong end to the year.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Genuine question

Is that sarcasm to me because I have got a hard time on here for saying Mings should be replaced or do I now have someone else that feels the same? 😀

I'm serious. I like Tyrone a lot. Great guy and he has all the tools to be an elite CB. Just switches off his head too often and at the worst times. He'd be an excellent reserve CB for Villa. If we can upgrade in January whilst retaining his services,, it's an easy decision,  IMO.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In 2018 Wes Edens fired Milwaukee Bucks coach, Jason Kidd, mid season with a 23-22 record. Kidd had been with the Bucks four years and was popular with the players. Edens is not afraid to make decisions-he is a successful businessmen after all. He saw what we all saw today, it’s his money invested . 

You've been desperate for him to be sacked for years. You'll get it one day. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Genuine question

Is that sarcasm to me because I have got a hard time on here for saying Mings should be replaced or do I now have someone else that feels the same? 😀

I think the errors are beginning to question anyones loyalty towards him....like any player, who has his from questioned, he might have to step aside and give the likes of Hause a chance, the rest might do him good.

Unless we go into a tailspin, there is no chance Smith is fired, this season or next, so I recommend people just back the **** manager!

Edited by maqroll

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the errors are beginning to question anyones loyalty towards him....like any player, who has his from questioned, he might have to step aside and give the likes of Hause a chance, the rest might do him good.

Nah, not my loyalty. I’ll fight tooth and nail for him…. With some objectivity of course. 😁

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In 2018 Wes Edens fired Milwaukee Bucks coach, Jason Kidd, mid season with a 23-22 record. Kidd had been with the Bucks four years and was popular with the players. Edens is not afraid to make decisions-he is a successful businessmen after all. He saw what we all saw today, it’s his money invested . 

Kidd was pretty bad and was a rookie coach with a big name and was wildly inconsistent. Not too dissimilar to the Frank Lampard or Mikel Arteta appointments.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Unless we go into a tailspin, there is no chance Smith is fired, this season or next, so I recommend people just back the **** manager!

I agree about this season but I think he will need to deliver next season to keep his job

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sorry but that’s just not true!

I’m ok with fair criticism but I’ve heard we are getting relegated tonight and the jury is still out for Smith at this level.  Emotions are making some extreme comments tonight.

We're not getting relegated 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Only wes edens and nas sawiris can say that with any confidence - it’s just your opinion nothing more 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Only wes edens and nas sawiris can say that with any confidence - it’s just your opinion nothing more 

So same as the ones saying he's under pressure or has to deliver. How come you're not shouting them down?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So same as the ones saying he's under pressure or has to deliver. How come you're not shouting them down?

Enough shouting down goes on in this thread already, without you encouraging someone else to join in.

• Like 1

Â