Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Tuchel "we played against a strong Aston Villa side , we had to block alot of shots they were very aggressive and credit to them"...... Bellend has been humbled.

If we take our chances (despite twatwell) we could have done a Liverpool job on them. Gutted.

Edited by Sulberto21

Scoreline doesn't reflect how well we played, but Chelsea are a serious team. Hope this doesn't knock the confidence too much because take that level of performance into the Everton game and beyond and we'll be ok.

• Like 2

I see many people happy tonight.

with the performance not the result obviously.

Cant say I feel the same.

The ball went through the midfield too easily.

We need a better set piece taker than McGinn, granted there were players not starting who will do that.

I thought our wingbacks were quite ‘meh’.

I don’t like the formation either. 352 has loads more merit than the 442 some on here talk about but I don’t want to shoe horn ings and Watkins to play two strikers at the expense of width.

Ramsey was decent which was nice to see, Luis looked better.

glad to see Watkins and Bailey on the pitch too.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Didn’t do anything wrong and we lost 3-0. We are just getting no luck at all this year

Surely it's got to turn at some point?

Last year, we started strongly, then faded, I reckon this year, it will be the reverse.

We will have our players coming back, and be more settled, and hopefully have everyone fit, to be finally able to field the first 11.

The concern is that we didn’t take advantage on a really good performance. 

We won't play like this every week. You need to take advantage of your good days because there be plenty of bad ones too. 

If we lose the next 3 we will have a mountain to climb. We need to get some wins from somewhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely it's got to turn at some point?

Last year, we started strongly, then faded, I reckon this year, it will be the reverse.

We will have our players coming back, and be more settled, and hopefully have everyone fit, to be finally able to field the first 11.

I'll take performances like this to start the season over what turned out to be a very flukey 7-2 versus Liverpool. We play like this all season and we will improve on our points total from last season. I firmly believe that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The concern is that we didn’t take advantage on a really good performance. 

We won't play like this every week. You need to take advantage of your good days because there be plenty of bad ones too. 

If we lose the next 3 we will have a mountain to climb. We need to get some wins from somewhere. 

Yes, we need to start picking up results - ideally against the run of play.

I think Smith’s big task after this game is to keep the momentum going in terms of the performance, not let head’s drop because of the mistakes and the scoreline.

If we keep putting in this kind of shift, we will batter someone eventually.

But what we can’t do is keep making excuses after big defeats - ultimately football is a game where individual quality matters, and we’ve lost our best player. We need others to step up. I see McGinn, Konsa and Ramsey doing that. Need others to.

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I see many people happy tonight.

with the performance not the result obviously.

Cant say I feel the same.

The ball went through the midfield too easily.

We need a better set piece taker than McGinn, granted there were players not starting who will do that.

I thought our wingbacks were quite ‘meh’.

I don’t like the formation either. 352 has loads more merit than the 442 some on here talk about but I don’t want to shoe horn ings and Watkins to play two strikers at the expense of width.

Ramsey was decent which was nice to see, Luis looked better.

glad to see Watkins and Bailey on the pitch too.

Im sorry did you expect us to win against Chelsea away? 

The Champions League winners and Premier League favourites with an at best Premier League 3rd choice goalkeeper. Give it up mate

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Didn’t do anything wrong and we lost 3-0. We are just getting no luck at all this year

Of course it will turn, i would be more worried if we played shit and got a point today. If we play this way weekly we will be fine

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The Champions League winners and Premier League favourites with an at best Premier League 3rd choice goalkeeper. Give it up mate

Seriously it was a free hit. Missing 2 starters and put forth an amazing performance.  Can't win them all. Very proud of my squad after that. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I'll take performances like this to start the season over what turned out to be a very flukey 7-2 versus Liverpool. We play like this all season and we will improve on our points total from last season. I firmly believe that. 

Ironically the Liverpool game we had 18 shots to their 12 same as today. We were very clinical in that game. 

"We targeted whoever was playing. We went toe to toe with them,"

Good Deano dissing the ref too. We gotta take chances though man. FFS same as last season.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We cut them open time and again in the first half too. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did I say that? No.

I said what I said.

Â