Dean Smith

Demitri_C

wow just absolute wow, probably the best Villa performance ever or certainly in the top 5. Liverpool have been the best team in England and top 3 in Europe in the last 3 seasons and we absolutely destroyed them. It could have easily been 10 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Official account just tweeted first time we've won our opening 3 league games since the 62/63 season

That's a pretty crazy / depressing stat 

5 Live mentioned this at the end of the match - though it's three opening wins in the top flight if I recall correctly.  Ended the season in 15th, with Everton winning the title. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Has anyone seen villalad21? He seems quieter than usual?

Maybe he's having a nice tipple to savour the moment? I've just finished off my bottle of JD to celebrate tonight's result. 

Just now, romavillan said:

Whilst having to deal (twice) with periods where a very vocal bunch of fans were calling him shite and wanted him sacked.

including me. fair play to him. Total loyalty from now on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I lost the faith at times last season. Couldn't be happier to be wrong. What a turn around.

Yes, I admit I did too.  There was a time that it looked like we were never going to get another PL point.  You can't blame anyone for a wobble at that time.  I am delighted that he's proved doubters wrong. 

United fans were calling for the head of Fergie in the early days. 

I just thank God that Purslow and the owners were made of sterner stuff than me.  I'm such a snowflake. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I love this man! He oozes humility and compassion and it just a lovely bloke all in all. I think that's part of why our players want to fight for him. that he managed to completely outsmart Klopp is tell-tale signs that he's not as limited as some of us have thought in the past. I think performances like these finally show that he is not out of his depth in the PL and that we can be truly proud to have him, a fellow villa fan, as our manager. UTV!

Alot of us always said it was a case Smith just needed the right tools. If he gets the right players I firmly believe Smith is the next evolvment of football. Clubs who have been stuck in there ways and used to top spot finishes each season will eventually get to big headed and feel they have to do very little to achieve wins. I partly feel that these clubs coming up in past few seasons and up coming seasons are having to develop new ways of playing football and the english leagues are seeing evolving tactics, especially against rich clubs who can afford world class players.

Smith will do fine so long as he has backing which he does from our Owners.

I just hope come deadline day we now get the Owners saying heres some more money Dean, go and have fun and that we fill the subs bench out. There is no reason why the club and Smith could not be rewarded for that effort. It's the perfect time to sign more players as it screams come sign me to players who look at today's result and see that as good things to come. For most players who would of said no normally, we should take advantage of the timing of today wonderful champ thrashing and the fact the window is open still and try to bring a massive name in, I believe it could be achieved. Edouard would  be an Excellent second striker signing which we need, now Watkins and Edouard darn Smith you would have options.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Alot of us always said it was a case Smith just needed the right tools. If he gets the right players I firmly believe Smith is the next evolvment of football. Clubs who have been stuck in there ways and used to top spot finishes each season will eventually get to big headed and feel they have to do very little to achieve wins. I partly feel that these clubs coming up in past few seasons and up coming seasons are having to develop new ways of playing football and the english leagues are seeing evolving tactics, especially against rich clubs who can afford world class players.

Smith will do fine so long as he has backing which he does from our Owners.

I just hope come deadline day we now get the Owners saying heres some more money Dean, go and have fun and that we fill the subs bench out. There is no reason why the club and Smith could not be rewarded for that effort. It's the perfect time to sign more players as it screams come sign me to players who look at today's result and see that as good things to come. For most players who would of said no normally, we should take advantage of the timing of today wonderful champ thrashing and the fact the window is open still and try to bring a massive name in, I believe it could be achieved. Edouard would  be an Excellent second striker signing which we need, now Watkins and Edouard darn Smith you would have options.

No more likes, but yeah man, have one! I completely agree.

• Thanks 1

Â