Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I didn’t expect to be relegated that’s for sure, I had us down between 12-15

Even with the squad we assembled? We started the season with Kodjia, Davis and Wesley as strikers..... in the Premier League. We also only have 2 wingers and one is terrible (Trez)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Even with the squad we assembled? We started the season with Kodjia, Davis and Wesley..... in the Premier League. We also only have 2 wingers and one is terrible (Trez)

Which I’ve said on many times, to start the season with them was a shambles, we all could see we needed another striker 

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Paul Lambert had less than 30 percent win ratio and lasted 3 seasons and offered nothing and got less of the stick Smith is getting 

Paul Lambert was also worked on a shoe string budget, not saying he would've done any better, just putting it into perspective. He also kept us up when we should've been relegated!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

13 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

the signings we made in jan was a joke, Wesley was injured before the transfer window and we played I think 6 games with no recognised striker - shambles all around!

This is exactly the kind of thing that make me think over people's heads ought to be on a plate first.

Our summer signings were shit. Our January business was even worse.

Just now, rbcuk said:

Which I’ve said on many times, to start the season with them was a shambles, we all could see we needed another striker 

Yup. We needed a lot more. Unfortunately FFP is a bitch and we can realistically only spend so much. So... even with the squad we assembled you still thought we'd finish 12-15th?

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Our squad is already worse than last season squad and it will get even worse when Jack, Luiz and McGinn goes.

If the recruitment next season is another failure we ain't getting promoted. Not a chance.

There is no way our squad this season is worse than last season. There is also no way we lose Jack, Luiz and McGinn.

By the way only a few weeks ago you thought Luiz was absolute rubbish so why would you be bothered if he did leave.

I think we will keep everyone that we want to keep, bar Jack. All we need to do is appoint a decent manager. Preferably one who has managed a but higher than the dizzy heights of Walsall and Brentford. We are Aston Villa ffs! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is exactly the kind of thing that make me think over people's heads ought to be on a plate first.

Our summer signings were shit. Our January business was even worse.

Wasnt the story that we were let down for a striker at the last minute on one of the windows. Might have been the summer window

Just now, Zatman said:

Wasnt the story that we were let down for a striker at the last minute on one of the windows. Might have been the summer window

Yeah the summer window. Rumour had it we were in for a big name but it fell through. Was rumoured to be the striker who went to AC Milan. No idea what kind of a season he's had though.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah the summer window. Rumour had it we were in for a big name but it fell through. Was rumoured to be the striker who went to AC Milan. No idea what kind of a season he's had though.

If its Leao then I think we might have not missed him so much this season. He has  a high ceiling but seems he is an impact sub at Milan at the moment

I dont buy that the squad isnt good enough. Utter rubbish. Worse sides than us are comfortably safe. Any group of players are capable of not getting relegated from the PL.

The buck stops with Smith. He hasnt created any kind of "niche" for us. We cant defend, we cant score, dont show fight, rubbish subs, changes (if they come) never work. He's been exposed badly this season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

In which case your right, well below par. I thought wed be down there, spending most of the season in the bottom 3 so results wise I got what I expected. I'm more disappointed by the performances, I can deal with losing, i like attacking football and an attacking intent.

• So we spent £140 mill and you had doubts at the start about the clubs ability to spend it....did you declare that as a prediction?.....I think most fans were excited at having 2 Brazillians in the side, amongst other things.....
  • you can deal with losing?, you have an advantage over me then, I loathe the very thought of it and detest it when it happens, i am a very poor loser.....and when we can't win, i want us to draw.....i hate losing.
  • We all like attacking football, but when opponents disposses you, turn you over and drive you back, out jump you in the air, defending is the only option.....until the lock down our approach to defending was woeful, in so many aspects.....we have improved and simultaneously lost our offensive capability.

4 points adrift. It’s looking bleak. 

If we’ve got any chance we need to pull at least one massive upset out of the bag. And I just can’t see us doing it. 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I dont buy that the squad isnt good enough. Utter rubbish. Worse sides than us are comfortably safe. Any group of players are capable of not getting relegated from the PL.

The buck stops with Smith. He hasnt created any kind of "niche" for us. We cant defend, we cant score, dont show fight, rubbish subs, changes (if they come) never work. He's been exposed badly this season.

I have a notion you are right, but at the same time question the players too.....I think, so many things are wrong, we have bought too many samey players and ones who struggle to press, sufficiently.....it was a summer of misjudgment once again.

I hope we have deep pockets to negate the consistent cock ups.

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Whoever gave him a new contract needs stringing up by their testicles!

Just another display of misjudgment and poor decisions.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Do fans think Dean would have done better or worse thank Lampard had he got the Chelsea gig?

Worse.

ps you'll wear that emoji out.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â