Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Didnt post after the game yesterday because I thought emotions that had made me angry would just be put in front of the reality of the situation.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think it's getting to the stage where the risky option is to stick with Smith.

I'd sooner rather drive myself of a cliff and hope for the best that I survive

Glad you took the time to calm down.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Haha 2

Did anybody expect anything other than a loss? Really? 

I'm more positive now than I was post Wolves which I certainly wasn't expecting. Unless we can lure someone like Rafa then Smith has to stay imo.

• Like 3

Any stick to beat Smith with.

Some here have been the same with every manager we’ve had, but others who I thought were more sensible have surprised and disappointed me

We need to have some continuity and Smith deserves the chance more than any of the recent managers we’ve had - he was incredibly successful last season and won promotion when it really wasn’t on the cards

Weve since had the biggest change of personnel in my memory and lack quality and experience across the squad 

Like any new manager in a new league Smith has made mistakes - plenty of them - but if we don’t give him the chance to show we’ve learnt from that all that learning is wasted - again

Smith needs and deserves our support, other wise we just start again with the next victim

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Any stick to beat Smith with.

Some here have been the same with every manager we’ve had, but others who I thought were more sensible have surprised and disappointed me

We need to have some continuity and Smith deserves the chance more than any of the recent managers we’ve had - he was incredibly successful last season and won promotion when it really wasn’t on the cards

Weve since had the biggest change of personnel in my memory and lack quality and experience across the squad 

Like any new manager in a new league Smith has made mistakes - plenty of them - but if we don’t give him the chance to show we’ve learnt from that all that learning is wasted - again

Smith needs and deserves our support, other wise we just start again with the next victim

This!!!!

Changing managers after 18 months is bonkers, we are just going on the management roundabout.

People will argue stats from this season but I'm still proud he got us promoted but I see that posters post that was all because of Jack.  Jack gets the positive, Smith gets the negative....anything to bash the manager.  Cant it be both that get the positive for last season.  

We had a major overhaul of the squad, we got to the league cup final and we wanted safety this season....we can still do that with 5 games left.

People have bashed Smith for conceding too many shots, so he tightens up and people claim we have tightened up at the expense of our attacking.  He cant win, we dont have great talent in the squad and maybe that's partly his fault but the overhaul of the squad was huge.

If we go down, I cant see anybody better to bring us back up and if we survive he deserves a second season with some better players that I hope we buy in the summer.  If the board go all out and buy superstars then yes let's get a top draw manager but on realistic terms I think Dean is the best option whether we are relegated or survive.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This!!!!

Changing managers after 18 months is bonkers, we are just going on the management roundabout.

People will argue stats from this season but I'm still proud he got us promoted but I see that posters post that was all because of Jack.  Jack gets the positive, Smith gets the negative....anything to bash the manager.  Cant it be both that get the positive for last season.  

We had a major overhaul of the squad, we got to the league cup final and we wanted safety this season....we can still do that with 5 games left.

People have bashed Smith for conceding too many shots, so he tightens up and people claim we have tightened up at the expense of our attacking.  He cant win, we dont have great talent in the squad and maybe that's partly his fault but the overhaul of the squad was huge.

If we go down, I cant see anybody better to bring us back up and if we survive he deserves a second season with some better players that I hope we buy in the summer.  If the board go all out and buy superstars then yes let's get a top draw manager but on realistic terms I think Dean is the best option whether we are relegated or survive.

This, without question. I've seen, in my trawling back through the Steve Bruce thread, @TRO (who recently said(maybe in jest) that it was down to Tammy aswell) say that, and I quote 'grealish won't get us promoted on his own'. So, why when Bruce can't get us promoted, does he say that? But when Smith gets us promoted, it's all on one or two players. It makes absolutely no sense.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

This, without question. I've seen, in my trawling back through the Steve Bruce thread, @TRO (who recently said(maybe in jest) that it was down to Tammy aswell) say that, and I quote 'grealish won't get us promoted on his own'. So, why when Bruce can't get us promoted, does he say that? But when Smith gets us promoted, it's all on one or two players. It makes absolutely no sense.

Some posters have a bias on here when a manager replaces a manager favourite. Was the same when MON left

Its a bit sad Smith gets less support from some posters while doing a better job than Bruce

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some posters have a bias on here when a manager replaces a manager favourite. Was the same when MON left

Its a bit sad Smith gets less support from some posters while doing a better job than Bruce

Less support ? Villa fans got vitriolic with Bruce at times. It got quite personal. Dean has got the correct amount of plaudits he got for what he achieved and the correct amount of criticism he's getting for how poorly we are doing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Less support ? Villa fans got vitriolic with Bruce at times. It got quite personal. Dean has got the correct amount of plaudits he got for what he achieved and the correct amount of criticism he's getting for how poorly we are doing. 

That's happening now, on this site.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dean has got the correct amount of plaudits he got for what he achieved and the correct amount of criticism he's getting for how poorly we are doing. 

Let me know what marking system you use so we can compare notes.

35 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

To be honest I think we are all guilty of some biases, which get exposed in times like this.

We are the same with players as well if we are honest.

Everyone has their favourites, so while some get a pass and numerous excuses, others will get destroyed for the same deficiences/performances etc.

In my view @TRO usually tries to be as balanced and objective as possible, a couple have gotten him out with Bruce though I must admit. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest I think we are all guilty of some biases, which get exposed in times like this.

We are the same with players as well if we are honest.

Everyone has their favourites, so while some get a pass and numerous excuses, others will get destroyed for the same deficiences/performances etc.

In my view @TRO usually tries to be as balanced and objective as possible, a couple have gotten him out with Bruce though I must admit. lol

I don't disagree with any of that. And tro is always honest in my view. Just don't like the inconsistency.

My anger at our tepid performances Only increased after yesterday’s performance which was the minimum I expect from a villa team. They pressed and attacked with intent for the first time in McGrath  knows how long and if we could have put in just 1/2 more performances like that we wouldn’t be in bottom three and destined for the drop. That’s why I blame it more on Smith as it is his job to set them up and put in place a game plan. 

58 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Get off dean's nuts first mate and we might.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's even worse than that. If you ignore our 7 wins this season we'd be 15 points adrift at the bottom! Unacceptable.

Why do people keep liking this sort of nonsense? 

It's ok lads nevermind we're in the bottom three with few games remaining, we've won 7 games. Who cares how many we've won if the teams around us have more points? 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Get off dean's nuts first mate and we might.

Quality. Proper rib cracker that one. 

I've criticised him plenty and there's plenty there to do it with which is why some of the reaching is laughable. 

I just find it hilarious you think you can objectively judge he's had the exact right amount of criticism and praise. 

Try not to be so defensive and making everything 'hurr hurr you're his boyfriend'. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

It's ok lads nevermind we're in the bottom three with few games remaining, we've won 7 games. Who cares how many we've won if the teams around us have more points? 

Because it's **** stupid. 

If you ignore x amount of his wins he'd have y amount of wins. What point is being made? 

Edit - paragraph removed so I'm not sent to the naughty step 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Because I was made in response to a daft post which said if we ignore his ten game unbeaten run last season his win rate is only x% - what point was being made by that nonsense?

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Because it's **** stupid. 

If you ignore x amount of his wins he'd have y amount of wins. What point is being made? 

Edit - paragraph removed so I'm not sent to the naughty step 

I want to know what that paragraph said, now!

Â