Dean Smith

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If he were sacked tonight, where does he go next?  Based on his record at all clubs to this point, who will putting him top of their shortlist?

Swansea? Reading? Sheffield Wednesday? Blackburn? Derby?

I think that tells its own story.

He will probably shuffle around lower league clubs like Adkins, Jewell. Lambert , Danny Wilson etc - he will get a good pay off from villa so wouldn’t feel too sorry for him . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Board didn't do what needed to be done in December.

Way too late to change manager now. Our run in is brutal.

Covid-19 delayed the inevitable.

I have no doubt he may have been sacked had Chelsea beat us before lockdown began.

I don't think the owners will be diving to the phone at fulltime today panicking.

I woukd like to think they would already have a plan B in place were the inevitable to happen before July, in which it has.

2 points in 4 games.  Say no more.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm in the Smith out camp yet, but we are going down, and if the board are of the mind that relegation means a new manager - Then I'd do it now. 

If they are going to replace him anyway, give the new guy time to access before pre season. 

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If you think since the restart we have shown any fight then your delusional. We are pretty much going through the motions

We are closer to survival than we were before the restart. No delusion there, that's a fact.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Covid-19 delayed the inevitable.

I have no doubt he may have been sacked had Chelsea beat us before lockdown began.

I don't think the owners will be diving to the phone at fulltime today panicking.

I woukd like to think they would already have a plan B in place were the inevitable to happen before July, in which it has.

2 points in 4 games.  Say no more.

I actually can't remember last time we won a game.

Don't know how winning feels like.

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do admire your positivity but even you know in your own head that we’re down. This team doesn’t have a win in them. They’re not good enough and mentally they’re a beaten side. When the hell was the last time we won a game? 

I'm not sure i am that positive. I don't believe we have enough to stay up but we are right there at the moment and thats what I expected all year.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not sure if I'm in the Smith out camp yet, but we are going down, and if the board are of the mind that relegation means a new manager - Then I'd do it now. 

If they are going to replace him anyway, give the new guy time to access before pre season. 

If we are going to replace him I think we will have better options in the summer. 

He is lucky the games are being played behind closed doors.

In a packed house he would be getting some right stick now and the booing would have been deafening. 

On top of that, if the players have any confidence left (big if) it would have been shot by now.

One big problem that we have is that I feel we have no identity anymore football-wise.

What is our style? It seems at times that we are just going out there and running around for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Have you watched us recently?

Yes, every game. 

On the whole we've defended better than before lockdown and gained points on our rivals. Still very poor but we are neck and neck with those around us. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we are going to replace him I think we will have better options in the summer. 

You could be right pal. It's swings and roundabouts though. There is certainly positives to having a guy access for a couple of months. 

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

One big problem that we have is that I feel we have no identity anymore football-wise.

I've touched on this a few times. Smith has a way of playing, as evidenced by the first 5/6 games. 

For some reason he has ditched his philosophy. 

Â