Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you'd be happy and behind Dean smith if we were bottom of the league playing like Norwich?

If we showed a bit of a winning mentality like Norwich are now, probably yes, as there is nothing else we can do apart from agree the players are not good enough. But it's obvious from most of us on here, Smith is far from getting the best out these players.

Grealish for instance, is he playing to the best of his ability, I very much doubt, an yes, he might be off, but that's no excuse for the manager to accept his performances. Why is he still captain. I tell you why, cause Smith ain't got the bottle to take the armband off him. He is no captain, even if he was, he needs to concentrate on his own football, giving him the captaincy has made no difference to our team whatsoever, why has Smith not changed this, scared of upsetting him maybe??. It might make a difference if you give it to Ming's, as you can tell he is a leader, Grealish is good at his football, but he is no leader.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Sorry I don't see the logic. Wouldn't we be bottom of the league, almost certain to be relegated if we played like Norwich. 

If every team had the same players yes.

I think they play great stuff at times: have good movement and can carry quite bit of threat but are spurn numerous chances and concede soft goals because the squad is largely championship standard and threadbare. I can see Farke getting offers in the summer.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we showed a bit of a winning mentality like Norwich are now, probably yes, as there is nothing else we can do apart from agree the players are not good enough. But it's obvious from most of us on here, Smith is far from getting the best out these players.

Grealish for instance, is he playing to the best of his ability, I very much doubt, an yes, he might be off, but that's no excuse for the manager to accept his performances. Why is he still captain. I tell you why, cause Smith ain't got the bottle to take the armband off him. He is no captain, even if he was, he needs to concentrate on his own football, giving him the captaincy has made no difference to our team whatsoever, why has Smith not changed this, scared of upsetting him maybe??. It might make a difference if you give it to Ming's, as you can tell he is a leader, Grealish is good at his football, but he is no leader.

Theres so many opinions masquerading as facts here.

• Thanks 1

If Dean isn't fit for this level i don't see any argument in him staying when we inevitable are relegated.

I thought our long term goal was establishing ourselves in the top 8. That ain't happening under a Championship level coach. Ever.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Theres so many opinions masquerading as facts here.

My thoughts from watching and going to games this season. None of it is fact, but most fans see with there own eyes something ain't working under this manager. The only fact I would like quote is the team is underperforming.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't know where to go with this. If you want him to strip the captaincy off Grealish I think that would be terrible management at this point. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

My thoughts from watching and going to games this season. None of it is fact, but most fans see with there own eyes something ain't working under this manager. The only fact I would like quote is the team is underperforming.

Just now, penguin said:

Replacing him with JT would be a mistake. Can’t see how that’s going to shake anything up.

Exactly, the disruption without the impact is a waste of effort.

Â