Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, jim said:

8 games ago.

Since then we have mustered two points. And apparently we are fighting to survive. Waving the white flag more like.

haha

Yet we've closed the gap. Go figure. 

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Or he doesn't have the players at his disposal to do much better? 

How does that explain how we are completely unrecognisable and looking increasingly worse than the side that started the season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith for a season in the championship isnt such a bad idea, at least give him half a season unless he cocks it up quicker.

Absolutely not! What’s the point? It’s a season wasted in the Championship if we stick with him for half a season. 

I can see it now, we’ll start poorly and people will blame it in having to replace 6 or 7 players and the replacements aren’t good enough to play his wonder ball. He’ll get sacked in December with us languishing in mid-table and will take the new manager a season to clear up his mess.

Get rid as soon as the final whistle blows after West Ham and get someone in who knows what they are doing. 

• Like 1

Somebody sane, please convince me why we should stick with Smith? I just don't see it anymore. Promotion was fantastic, but has he really done anything worthwhile after that? 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We've tried multiple things this season and nothing looks to work. 

I think that's so much more down to the quality of players than the manager  

That’s Your opinion but more seem to be on the other side of the coin but you cannot seem to accept that? I’m happy for you to be a Smith remainer but some feel differently including myself. I want to be proven wrong about Smith more than anything and desperate to see him come good but he just isn’t up to the job has been found out and the longer we kee him imo the more damage will be done.
a manager is cheaper to replace than a squad and we’ve breached that point.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

8 games ago.

Since then we have mustered two points. And apparently we are fighting to survive. Waving the white flag more like.

Nyland went to wave the white flag but then fell over and impaled himself on it

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

How does that explain how we are completely unrecognisable and looking increasingly worse than the side that started the season?

Out of starting 11 today I think its fair to say that 6 of them are back up players from the start of the season. 

We were already poor, throw in some injuries and its even worse. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

haha

Your whole foundation for the points you try to make would crumble if Bournemouth and west ham found another gear. We should be dead and buried right now.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

haha

Pretty sure we were out of the relegation zone after the Watford win so we have declined. 

Like I said blind luck and a ghost goal has kept us in touch not Dean Smith and our fighting spirit. 

Edited by jim

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Out of starting 11 today I think its fair to say that 6 of them are back up players from the start of the season. 

Hope your watching Norwich. they are shite, but sure have some fight against Man U. See the difference.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Your whole foundation for the points you try to make would crumble if Bournemouth and west ham found another gear. We should be dead and buried right now.

Yet they haven't. Because this is what football is. How many seasons have there been where 3 teams are dead and buried with 10 games to go?

It doesn't usually happen. It usually happens like this. 

6 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Of course not .. but our owners may view Smith overachieving in his first year , as they didn’t expect Smith would get us up so fast & gave him another chance. 

I personally don’t see how Smith can get this batch of players to play to his brand of football, its such a mismatch, or maybe Smith is all hype after all, as seemed Brentford has done much better after he left, and also despite selling their top striker.. 

I don't really understand what his brand of football is.

If Wolves did not press us and close us down in a flash......his brand of football might work.....but this is not the championship.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Hope your watching Norwich. they are shite, but sure have some fight against Man U. See the difference.

So you'd be happy and behind Dean smith if we were bottom of the league playing like Norwich?

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you'd be happy and behind Dean smith if we were bottom of the league playing like Norwich?

We’d be well clear if we played as well as Norwich imo, their squad depth and player quality is the worst in the league by far.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Unfortunately I’m not just referring to today.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

We’d be well clear if we played as well as Norwich imo, their squad depth and player quality is the worst in the league by far.

Sorry I don't see the logic. Wouldn't we be bottom of the league, almost certain to be relegated if we played like Norwich. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Unfortunately I’m not just referring to today.

But injuries haven't just happened. Wesley and Heaton went down early January. Mcginn has missed significant time. 

At CB, unfortunately no one has played great next to mings so we've switched. They all have serious flaws to their games. 

I think there are very valid reasons why we look worse to how we did at the start of the year. 

Confidence and Smith not being able to get a system to work also has contributed. 

Â