Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Considering the rebuild we need I'd think Smith is the right guy, the question is if he is a defeated man by then a bit like Garde was. 

What do you mean by then?

He's done for now. This squad  have not played for him since Leeds!

got a big job on your hands this summer deano...this was the starting 11 tonight:

kalinic = keep

hutton = **** off

elphick = **** off

mings = back to bmth

hause = back to wolves

mcginn = keep

whelan = **** off

horihane = **** off

adomah = **** off

el ghazi = keep...just

tammy = back to chelsea

3 out of 11...i'm so **** done with this lot. no fight, no creativity, no passion

Not the man to take this club forwards. No identity, no plan and no tactics. Just awful. 

Wes and Saf need to get rid in the summer, we look worse every week. 

• Thanks 1

No getting away from the fact that the performances have been nothing short of disgraceful. Not even the results, in fact they probably flatter us, but the lack of effort, organisation and plan are beyond unacceptable.

He's had a window, he didn't address real issue and Hause by has looked appalling so far. Carroll is not the missing link from what I've read on here and all Smith has done is kill our attacking abilities in favour of losing slightly less often. This number of draws in this league is embarrassing. It's only when we throw caution to the wind we actually play and we did that when he first started.

Ah well, at least when he gets sacked he can't argue it was because we didn't warm to him in the beginning!

We're worse now than under Bruce and that is damning.

• Thanks 1

We get worse every week. For all the talk of playing attractive, attacking football, I haven’t seen any since before Christmas. I don’t like constantly changing managers and I want to give him time but I just can’t see it getting any better when we carry on playing with no obvious style of play.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If we do get rid, I really hope we try and go for a progressive manager and not some has-been of the Bruce mould.

Isn't that what this was supposed to be. I'm hoping he can turn it around. All that needs to happen is going back to his first day at the club. Play slower progressive football regardless of the whingeing fans. Switching to pumping it up the pitch is a losing tactic. 

I must have imagined us playing some of the best football i've ever seen at the club when Grealish wasn't injured and Dean first took over.

I guess it must just be a co-incidence that it all started to all go downhill after the baggies game eh.....

Imagine a gold nugget in a a steaming pile of shit, Grealish being the nugget take that away and what's left?

The team that's churning out results like this.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

got a big job on your hands this summer deano...this was the starting 11 tonight:

kalinic = keep

hutton = **** off

elphick = **** off

mings = back to bmth

hause = back to wolves

mcginn = keep

whelan = **** off

horihane = **** off

adomah = **** off

el ghazi = keep...just

tammy = back to chelsea

3 out of 11...i'm so **** done with this lot. no fight, no creativity, no passion

If there is a summer for him. If he doesn't turn things around - I suspect there won't be one for him at the helm of Villa.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

What?? Than Brentford, nice excuse but not washing with me. Smith needs to improve, it's not all about 2 players being out.

It's not an excuse.  Out of the starting line ups tonight, I'd have picked majority Brentford players.  Konsa, Barbet, Canos, Mokotjo, Sawyers and Watkins for sure - probably Odubajo too and there isn't too much in Maupay (league top scorer, looked lively throughout) and Abraham.

I have no idea why you'd have more of that Villa side in a mixed eleven.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Hopefully your gone by the summer deano...this was the final straw tonight

kalinic = sell

hutton = gone

elphick = gone

mings = gone

hause = gone

mcginn = keep

whelan = gone

horihane = gone

adomah = gone

el ghazi = gone

tammy = gone

Tuanzebe = gone

Grealish = Sold to balance FFP

Anyone remaining = gone.

Manager = gone.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Not the man to take this club forwards. No identity, no plan and no tactics. Just awful. 

Wes and Saf need to get rid in the summer, we look worse every week. 

They are not his players. The team that just played us off the park was Smith’s team. It’s going to be hard, but we’ve got to give him time. 

Â