Demitri_C

On 24/05/2023 at 09:17, Pinebro said:

He got it so right.

Beat West Ham and I think they stay up.

Nope

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

You must be over the moon that he didn't

Yep can’t stand Leicester

For what it’s worth I don’t think he would be given the job full time even if Leicester had stayed up today (if they had won every game since Smith arrived then yes of course he would have done, but had they stayed up today having scraped to safety, I don’t think he’d be guaranteed the job).

While I don’t expect him to get another premier league job in the near future, my suspicion is that the vast majority of the blame will be attributed elsewhere and probably won’t damage his credentials quite as much as some think.  

I really hope this man finds the right job for himself over the summer. Respect to him for having a go at it with Norwich and Leicester but there must be a Championship club that'd be a good project for him now, something more stable and long-term. He's a good guy who deserves some more success.

• Like 1

He made a valiant effort at keeping them up, I don't think his time at Leicester will do his reputation any harm, in fact Leicester could a lot worse than give him the job permanently, with backing I think he'd be as good a bet as anyone to get them promoted, if not he will probably be at some other club getting them promoted instead.

In the end he got a very respectable 9 points from 8 games.

So not enough to keep them up but at least showed with a reasonable squad (which despite relegation Leicester do have) he can still manage slightly better than a point per game at prem level so that might get him an offer early next season perhaps.

How Leicester got to April 1st with Rodgers still managing them is one of the mysteries of this season and ultimately relegated them.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

They should stick with him.

Bit of a poisoned chalice now. They'll lose all of Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans etc so going to be a totally different 11 in August and if they start slow he'd be under big pressure and probably sacked quicker than at Norwich.

If there's one job in the prem I think he'd be a decent pick then it would be Crystal Palace. Good defensively and Eze is sort of player he would build a team around so he could guide them to comfortable mid table.

Very small margins in relegation battles sometimes. In all likelihood Maddison scores that penalty and the beat Everton and stay up.

Edited by VillaChris

Took more points than Southampton, Leeds, Chelsea, and Spurs and the same as Everton and Bournemouth since his appointment, nine points from eight games. And this was coming into a team that previous to that had lost nine and drawn one of their last ten games.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Took more points than Southampton, Leeds, Chelsea, and Spurs and the same as Everton and Bournemouth since his appointment, nine points from eight games. And this was coming into a team that previous to that had lost nine and drawn one of their last ten games.

I still don’t think that’s reason enough for that Leicester team to be taking 9 points out of 24. Sure their confidence was shot, but they have some bloody good players in that squad.

I don't think that luck comes into really. They left it too late. Rodgers should have gone earlier but I never thought Dean Smith was the man to keep then up either. 

I think they should stick with him though and give him the chance to get them.back up

Edited by PaulC

Â