Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been absolutely **** from all angles, club needed to make a call and I’m not mad at them but he’s a victim of circumstance here.

Not sure we’ll ever know whose decision the new coaches were, but I hope Shakespeare, Danks and probably McPhee go because we don’t need continuity here.

Agreed we don’t want to continue along this path. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been absolutely **** from all angles, club needed to make a call and I’m not mad at them but he’s a victim of circumstance here.

Not sure we’ll ever know whose decision the new coaches were, but I hope Shakespeare, Danks and probably McPhee go because we don’t need continuity here.

Oh all of those are gone for sure. New Coach needs to bring in his own people

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Really sad. Inevitable given the results. Genuinely worried who we are going to get next. 

If anyone thinks this squad is challenging for anything but survival, they're hideously misinformed. 

Not that im arguing with you but before the season started everyone was saying what an amazing transfer window we'd had. What's changed? 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wow that Man U win seems a long time ago now. That Wolves game... 

So here's our answer. it seems you're only ever 5 losses away from the sack

it wasnt the five losses mate, that was the straw that broke the camel's back, but our results in 2021 as a whole have been really poor.

Last time we changed manager in November was Remi Garde, that worked out well!

Already seeing arguments about the type of manager we need.... "Experienced Premier League manager" to "xyz" - who will leave their current Champions League side....

For me it's a poisoned chalice for next guy in. Will have to get improvements immediately as those who supported Dean will be keen to jump on every slip up. Like when Fergie left and Moyes replaced him.

Finally - Thanks Dean for taking us from such a low point to where we are today.

• Like 1

Right move but, for me, he leaves on good terms and with thanks for being a part of some of my greatest Villa memories in the 53 years I've been watching them. Thanks Deano, keep your head high mate !

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wow that Man U win seems a long time ago now. That Wolves game... 

So here's our answer. it seems you're only ever 5 losses away from the sack

In fairness, if the rest of 2021 had been good then those 5 losses would not be that big a thing. Sadly the calendar year as a whole has yielded about a point a game.

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Not that im arguing with you but before the season started everyone was saying what an amazing transfer window we'd had. What's changed? 

I think we were all wrong. Bailey, Buendia have looked poor, there was clearly no rationale behind Ings.

The failure to improve the midfield......well.

Â