Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Apparently got a rollocking off Purslow for influencing Grealish to go to Man City. Rok followed him out.

See this is it, Dean don't really do the coaching, he over sees it. Which is why it's gone pear now Shaky and Danks have come in.

I've heard people say this but what is the source for it?

My most troubling thing tonight among many, how is a professional footballer who has hardly moved about in the first half, then run about for 20 mins coming off with cramp? How is this possible after a pre-season and a third of the season gone? If that isn't a coaching problem then what is?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Apparently got a rollocking off Purslow for influencing Grealish to go to Man City. Rok followed him out.

See this is it, Dean don't really do the coaching, he over sees it. Which is why it's gone pear now Shaky and Danks have come in.

I don't agree with this. He is clearly a coach first, then manager. 

Also I don't believe Terry persuaded Jack to move. By having that clause in the contract he was clearly angling for a move, not an assistant coach telling him what to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It went higher than that. Nas pulled the plug on Terry's stay. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I don't agree with this. He is clearly a coach first, then manager. 

Also I don't believe Terry persuaded Jack to move. By having that clause in the contract he was clearly angling for a move, not an assistant coach telling him what to do.

He didn't persuade him no. But he agreed he should go, not thinking of Villa's best interests upset Purslow obviously.

Smith has said on one of them seminar videos, he has a meeting with the coaches and then oversees it. He don't actually do the coaching.

This was the same at Brentford. Franks being the first team coach, while Smith was managing and overseeing the coaching.

Something hasn't been right for months. Jack's mystery injury which cleared up just in time for the euros so he could get his dream move, 2  assistant coaches leaving,  the Sanson situation, not bringing in a bloody central midfielder. its a real shame as last season I thought we had finally cracked it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is almost believable. I suppose when you're hurt and desperate, you'll belive just about anything. 

2 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Hilarious the outrage over grealish leaving in the summer when some of the same people are quick to call for deans head after a bad 5 games.

Catch up and read the rest of the thread, it's not just about the 5 games.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Who's hurt and desperate. Looking at your previous posts I guess you are, cause I don't give a *****

You need to do some research, you'll find Smith don't take the coaching.

As for Terry leaving, everyone knows the reason.

Sorry mate, was probably a bit unclear. Yes, I did in fact mean myself. The theory is sound enough, we 100 % look like a team coached by Shakespeare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep, me too. Definitely have more happy memories of the last three years than for a long time. Can't even list them all, just keep thinking about the home game against Boro in that 10-in-a-row run and how it was the best atmosphere and most utterly dominating performance I've ever seen live, and how good that night was.

Away at Blackburn. Best football I've ever seen Villa play, and likely ever will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I genuinely can’t believe that we’re debating which of Gerrard, Lampard or Terry we would choose to take over. If those are the options you can put me firmly in the Dean Smith camp.

As it is I think he’ll go. Whether we can attract someone better than the three names above or Craig Shakespeare will tell everyone whether NSWE still believe in the project here.

I’m starting to fear that losing Grealish and the Newcastle takeover might be to NSWE what the Man City takeover was to Randy Lerner to be honest.

Yep, certainly could be. it is going to take what another £300 million to challenge for Europe seriously, so I suppose it is put up or go home time again. Are they serious about taking Villa to the top or is it the usual bullshit we have had for the last few owners?

Â