Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Merson thinks that the 2nd half performance will keep Smith in the job.

I think Watford are the only team that decide a Manager's fate after 45 minutes of football.

18 defeats in a calendar year, which could easily be 20+ looking at our upcoming fixtures, is horrific.

Dean looks and sounds defeated here, on the post match on Sky.

Asked about the note as well.

The note was telling them about the press etc.

Asked about his future, says he's a fighter, always has been, mentioned injuries etc.

Says we will be better after the break.

Almost sounds like he has a frog in his throat.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

After the loss to Spurs a month after, we were 10th, 2 points and 2 positions below them. We're now 6 places and 5 positions off them, with a game in hand. And they've sacked their manager.

I think of all the stats to pull out this is the one that holds the least water. If he goes it's not because we're comparing ourselves over a 3 game period with a much better side in current circumstances, even if they are a bit of a basket cas

Time for Smith to go supposed villa fan wouldn't. Make the stupid errors and team selections he does if he was.

What would he think if he was in stands as a fan like us, I'm sure his vision is blinkered from the dugout, he's out of his depth and for me he has to go while he still has some dignity.

We're a.laughing stock, said sanson was back yesterday not even made the bench.

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I was Purslow I would let Dean have a bit of Dignity and allow him to resign and walk away rather than sack him,  but he has to go.

Dignity with a capital D, as in the funeral directors? I sadly have to finally agree, I think he needs to go, but bumping him off is a bit too much. We”re not Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not the game to sack Smith on. Freak goal from Southampton and second half was a hell of a lot better.

Cool, we could have turned around our losing streak with a plucky 0-0 to another team at the wrong end of the table. One point closer to safety, eh? 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not the game to sack Smith on. Freak goal from Southampton and second half was a hell of a lot better.

5 losses on the trot. 18 losses in 2021. I don't think 45 mins is football is enough to warrant holding fire tbh.

Â