Dean Smith

Demitri_C

49 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give Ramsey 20 minutes. Yeah it is a small thing in a great win but missed opportunity.

It was 1 nil at 70 minutes.  That game ends up 1-1 because of a rookie mistake and Dean would have gotten roasted. 

• Like 4

On 18/12/2020 at 18:16, foreveryoung said:

I guess your expectations have dropped somewhat over the years. Not me, I still expect the best, we are a massive club remember, have billionaire owners and one of the best players in the league, why should we not want more than be happy with midtable mediocracy.

At some point though you have to factor reality in to the equation surely.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, vreitti said:

A fantastic appointment. Probably the best manager we've had since Taylor. 

Don't get me wrong, I fully trust him, but what's up with not using subs more? 

He's about as convinced by the depth as a lot of the rest of us are I would think. He already had Hause and AEG on the pitch who would normally e on the bench you'd think. We've also had a bit more rest than a lot of other teams I spose but yes, I would have expected some subs at 0-2.

About this time last year... We were struggling and I started to doubt Smiths experience at this level, was thinking the owners should pull the trigger and get someone else in who could get us in out of the relegation dogfight we found ourselves in...

With 20/20 hindsight? I’m glad the board had more faith in me...

What a turnaround in fortunes Dean Smith has engineered for this club, alongside the chairmen who saved us from oblivion...

I’m sorry for losing faith Deano! You’ve given me more to cheer about as a Villa fan in the past 2 years than I’ve had to cheer about in the past 2 decades!

Just now, Keyblade said:

In any case we're 1 point off a Europa League place and 4 off a CL place if European football is the barometer. We also have 2 games in hand on those above us.

European football is not the barometer for this season and never should be, priority was and is staying up comfortably and improving on last season's points tally by 10pts or so ideally. Anything else is a bonus, do that and then next year we can compete with the rest of them in terms of wages and add 2 or 3 real quality players in to the mix and THEN we can start dreaming about floodlights on VP midweek against Milan, Ajax, Red Star etc....

• Like 3

If it wasn't for a freak loss against WHU and a frustrating draw against Burnley, we would be in the top 4 with 2 games in hand.

To be honest I'm not too bothered about position this season, top 8 would be nice to keep hold of Jack but I just want us to continue playing this kind of football throughout the season. I haven't seen a dominant Villa team in my lifetime.

Just now, romavillan said:

European football is not the barometer for this season and never should be, priority was and is staying up comfortably and improving on last season's points tally by 10pts or so ideally. Anything else is a bonus, do that and then next year we can compete with the rest of them in terms of wages and add 2 or 3 real quality players in to the mix and THEN we can start dreaming about floodlights on VP midweek against Milan, Ajax, Red Star etc....

Yup, I was being sarcastic. Even if it is the barometer, we're right there anyway. Just shows people want to have a moan by any means. I just love that Deano is not giving them an inch.

• Like 1

Still only one game this season where we've been outplayed and that was Leeds. Probably deserved something out of every other defeat really. Crazy season but fair play to Smith, staff and squad. 

My goal for this season was to finish 15th-12th and we look well on course for that. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yup, I was being sarcastic. Even if it is the barometer, we're right there anyway. Just shows people want to have a moan by any means. I just love that Deano is not giving them an inch.

He's been **** amazing, we made more chances in the last two games than a season worth of not to be named managers over the last 10 years  We actually play proper football and our punching way above our weight in terms of the squad we have Best of all we look to be improving too.

Excellent tactics again from the boss. We utterly dominated them. Going to have a few selection headaches now although Barkley can't play against Chelsea so that's obviously going to help in that regard.

I'd love it if we could replay the Burnley west ham and Brighton games. Had enough chances in those to win a season of games.

Edited by Sulberto21

Â