Dean Smith

Demitri_C

What did my head in is Smith should of made subs earlier.

I would of replaced Ghazi for Ramsey after half time when it was clear Ghazi was going to have another half of shooting wide and over goal. Smith shouldn't of brought Davis on for Traore, I thought he did alot up front and defensively for us to keep him on for full 90 mins. Davis however should of replaced McGinn I think, McGinn looked very tired, more tired than Traore, Smith should of made subs sooner.

I know it's tough for Smith because we have no subs to really affect a game, so it what do you do when a first eleven who are dominating the game cant see it off. Ridiculous tonight a game we should of won but because of certain players trying to perfectly place balls all night long and do wonderous shots you get a game where we fail to secure all three points by miss after miss, an ace performance but annoying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

So lets spend £500 million so most can say Smith is a genius. 

Lets be fair Smith has tons of credit left in the bank. A draw v an improving Burnley isn't the end of the world. Id have stuck Connor on with 20 to go TBH - but in terms of lifting us from mid table championship to solid prem team its small beer.

Excellent tactics today just shame we missed easy chances again. The fact we're getting these easy chances is proof that the tactics are correct. 

Just need a wide player of real repute who can add 10-13 goals a season. Problem is they're expensive. We also need jack to take his chances. He should be on 12/13 for the season already. El Ghazi should have scored at least 3 today. But his performance up until the final shot was very good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Nobody said to spend £500m that’s hyperbole. We need more quality to push on, it’s normal.. I don’t see what the problem is. 

Its not a problem..........yet .....But if Watkins doesn't score ....that leaves some Heavy lifting for Grealish to do week in/ week out. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Excellent tactics today just shame we missed easy chances again. The fact we're getting these easy chances is proof that the tactics are correct. 

Just need a wide player of real repute who can add 10-13 goals a season. Problem is they're expensive. We also need jack to take his chances. He should be on 12/13 for the season already. El Ghazi should have scored at least 3 today. But his performance up until the final shot was very good.

Sorry but thats a major flaw at this level. 

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Needs to get a bit more reactive. it was obvious in the first have we was gonna struggle to score.  Watkins his mate not good enough.

You wanted him to "react" more when we're opening them up like a tin of beans every time we go forward? 

We should have scored 5 or 6, and were severely weakened. This was a win all day if we didn't have five first team players missing.

As it is, we outplayed a Premier League staple who had no one missing and were wasting time from the first minute.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hence why I said up until.

You can't say he was very good until his. final shot IMO . You're saying he was very good, but then qualifying it with something that say "except he wasn't" . 

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

I duuno - If I were chairman/owner - I wouldn't be sayings its nothing. 

It is a lot of money but it is what was needed when we came up we simply didn’t have the players as I am sure you would agree.

To move on from where we are we need the same amount again to make the next step IMO.

I think it will come when FFP allows, we have great owners.

Just now, hippo said:

You can't say he was very good until his. final shot IMO . You're saying he was very good, but then qualifying it with something that say "except he wasn't" . 

No what I'm saying is his finishing was poor. But his approach play was good. Not difficult to understand. Especially when one considers that usually his approach play has been mixed from one minute to the next.

The players have to take responsibility tonight, a lack of composure and patience in front of goal was the problem. Had nothing to do with injuries or lack of depth, we were the better team by far, but were lazy in front of goal.

Burnley are known for sitting deep and not giving much away. We setup to draw them out a bit, nick the ball off them, then attack directly with speed at their slightly lumbering defenders. And it worked really well.

We also created a good amount from set pieces, and it was interesting how we looked to take quick free kicks, not allowing Burnley to set up for the standard ball in which is easy for them - the Traore chance and Mings free header stand out in particular.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

No what I'm saying is his finishing was poor. But his approach play was good. Not difficult to understand. Especially when one considers that usually his approach play has been mixed from one minute to the next.

Ok.

That game has somehow wound me up more than any of our defeats this season, but being frustrated about where we're at despite arguably being the better side in 10 out of our 11 games speaks to how far we've kicked on in a short period of time.

Deano >>>>>>>

• Like 2

Â