Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I really want to see Smith succeed... But the job is looking to be too big for him with no real plan B...

There will be the argument we got promoted a year too early and theat maybe so but if we go down we'll be a year behind... 

Something needs to change, to push on we need to stay up.  Today was dreadful, just no real desire to press and win the ball, to play this way you need to do that.

• Like 1

This squad is getting relegated so for me it's who gives us the best chance of coming back up. 

For that reason I think i stick with Smith. 

He takes a lot of blame but no way he put together this piss poor squad on his own. 

• Like 1

Poch is the only manager I'd be tempted by. Not sure if he knows how to manage a relegation battle though. There's no one better than Smith available. 

We all have bad patches of form and Luiz and Jack cost us the game in my eyes.

Ming's and Mcginn missing is hurting us badly. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love him but he’s a cut above us.

Even Arsenal and Everton couldn’t tempt him back.

I reckon a flat looking over broad street and a 30 quid a week cash to spend at cuddles might persuade him otherwise 

Just now, DCJonah said:

This squad is getting relegated so for me it's who gives us the best chance of coming back up. 

He takes a lot of blame but no way he put together this piss poor squad on his own. 

That fits -Pitarch will carry the can - I can honestly see smith starting next season even if we are relegated. Thats the only reason for the contract.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thing is though, I don't actually have much faith in him to get us back up. We were abject without Grealish last season under Smith and obviously we'll be without him for good if we go down.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me the question is whether with a better manager and good investment in January do we have a shot of staying up? I think there's a possibility that we can. So whilst I'm partially sympathetic to your view I think there's a chance we can stay up under better management. 

There's no reason to think that should Smith take us back up that he'd still be the man to manage us at this level, since he did a pretty bad job of it first time around.

It's tricky and my heart wants Smith to stay but my head is saying he is not capable at this level and never will be.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It does make sense he should be able to take us up, I agree.

However...

No Jack Grealish. 433 every game.

What happens when we've won 1 of 5 at the start of next season?

I'll tell you, it'll be 433 again the next game and the same tactics and players.

This thought concerns me.

Imagine Wes standing around at Peterborough away as we go down 3-0 with Hourihane waving his arms at the ref for their third.

Grim.

Â