Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd say there are so many individual errors that let him down but there comes a point where the manager has to take responsibility for it all.  If Rafa is willing to come then I'd make the change now, with a heavy heart.  

Benitez is a pretty good shout to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Just don’t see how he’ll lift the team after this? 

This is the crux of it for me. Over the last 6/7 games he hasn’t been able to lift the players and get them performing. We’ve gone backwards in recent weeks and I don’t think Smith has the ability to turn things around. I’m not convinced the players are playing for him tbh. We look a shadow of the team that started the season.

• Like 2

The performances over the last few weeks have been completely unacceptable. If we lost the games giving it a good go then that's football. But losing to the teams around us without any fight, desire, determination or coherent game plan is appalling. 

I'm not one to call for a manager's head without good reason, but Smith is looking like he is unable to stop the rot. His lack of tactical flexibility is probably going to cost him his job. 

Edited by Made In Aston

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Totally agree, as Villa look broken right now. 

Agree

The autopsy as to why can come after (it's not smiths fault alone) 

But the reality has to sink in that we are broken and will not be fixed by Smith or a new signing, need a bounce that only a new manager can bring 

This game is the one where i have to say it. So disappointing. We have regressed at an alarming rate. Key players out but even before that we looked pretty clueless. 

Losing to 10 man Watford 3-0 is abysmal. They have looked like they had the extra man even after the red.

You cant sack the players; so only one outcome can bring a change in our fortunes. We are sleepwalking into relegation but with January almost upon us and us still remarkably being only one win from safety there is still a chance for us with a change in direction.

Thanks Deano UTV but its time!

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

We were lucky against Norwich. Another shocking display, there’s no way he can remain as manager now, 

I am not feeling that they will sack him - the whole 'we got promoted a year early' argument comes into play. The new contract to me says they are prepared to let smith take us down. IMO susso might go before smith.

Â