Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just played the bottom three clubs and have been outplayed every time. It's obvious he's running out of ideas when you see Lansbury on the team sheet a player who's done nothing after three years at the club.

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

So sheffield united have a better squad than everton,united, tottenham etc?

Tactics and workrate are the difference the squad we have is capable of much more under better managment.

No to the first one. 

I don't think they are much more capable. 

Wesley is shit. Trez looks poor. Hourihane and Lansbury are not prem players. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Think Mings and Mcginn make a difference and I think the positivity from the summer helped. 

But now all I see are players not physically up to it. I don't see a change in manager suddenly making that ok. 

I think you're underestimating how much influence the manager actually has over the players. A good manager can make even poor players perform well, look at Wilder. And the reverse is also true. 

The key then, is to get a good manager. But honestly I really just think our players are just much more capable than they are showing themselves to be. They showed it earlier in the season. Something's gone wrong and i fear it won't come back with Dean.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I think you're underestimating how much influence the manager actually has over the players. A good manager can make even poor players perform well, look at Wilder. And the reverse is also true. 

Oh I agree. 

I just don't see much in our squad at the moment. 

The attacking players are just woeful .

2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Yes because we would like to not be relegated. Short 6 month deal would be fine. 

And Allardyce would guarantee us not being relegated? I'd rather go down with Smith than stay up with Allardyce. At least we have a long term project and vision at the moment, Allardyce doesn't know the meaning of those words. He'd set us back even further. It would just be repeating old mistakes if we go anywhere near him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly love the bloke. We shouldn't be swayed too much just by him being "one of us", but the more I think about it, the more pissed off I am.

The players we have aren't good enough, and it seems he's not the guy who actually signs off on the players. Half of them clearly can't be ****, either. You see Grealish **** screaming at them to put some effort in.

It shouldn't take a good manager to tell you to **** run instead of saunter, or to close your man down. I'd happily sack half the **** squad, to be honest. 

Someone who sees the bigger picture. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just playing people in their best positions. Not starting players who have been awful every week. It’s the absolute basics that are leaving everybody scratching their heads.

Yeah, this is what gets me.

They could be Championship level players imo, they should still be able to do the basics. How the hell have we recruited a crop of players that are so expensive that can't even do that? My instinct is telling me they really aren't being coached right for whatever reason.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The thing is I honestly believe the squad isn't shite. I'm sure I posted at the start of the season that i'd seen enough in the performances to believe we'll be fine, there's good players here. I really can't get my head around what is going on. 

i agree with this in the sense i also dont think the squad is actually shite.

But, something is going badly wrong, the players arent fighting for balls, pressing, working for each other, they lose first and second balls, stand off and are weak, thats the main problem, putting ability to one side, the MINIMUM requirement is they work their asses off, and they arent doing that, so whats going on behind the scenes?, DS/JT etc should be roasting these guys big time......

the lack of fight/effort is disgusting, is is the players?, the coaching?, both?!?!?!!?

Just now, Okonokos said:

And Allardyce would guarantee us not being relegated? I'd rather go down with Smith than stay up with Allardyce. At least we have a long term project and vision at the moment, Allardyce doesn't know the meaning of those words. He'd set us back even further. It would just be repeating old mistakes if we go anywhere near him.

What does this long term plan and vision consist of? Grealish is going at the end of the season and you can be damn sure other players are on to the agent about now trying to get out of here sharpish. It looks bleak no matter what way you look at it. 

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

What’s the long term vision? Stick with Smith, we go down. “Maybe” he gets us back up, then what?

It’s also the fact that we don’t actually know our best team, or setup. Yes McGinn is injured which changes things in the middle but even with him we were messing around with the starting eleven desperately trying to find wins. It seems so completely clueless. The players we have bought in the summer are mostly shite. We were completely and utterly mugged off.

Foolish Aston Villa, yet again. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Would not be a guarantee, nothing in life is.

But he's never been relegated in this league.

Last time he managed in Premier League he finished 8th.

Even if we were to get relegated under him. Last time he managed in the Championship he achieved promotion and stabilized West Ham the season after.

• Like 1

Chris Hughton would probably take it, but he's another "nice bloke" who would probably do no better. It's a shame Slaven Bilic isn't available as he'd sort this shower of a team out.

For those saying they'd rather go down than replace Smith with someone like Allardyce, that doesn't sound like the mentality of someone who should have the clubs best interests at heart.

• Like 2

Im devastated its come to this. Really genuinely believed we had the real deal and a fan to boot. Match made in heaven. Thought he’d coach a group with huge potential to the point we’d survive fairly comfortably. Lately he looks a defeated man in press conferences, real look of worry on his face like he knows we arent good enough and wont get better. Seems the squad arent responding positively whatsoever and a different voice in that dressing room is the only way I can see us turning this around.

• Like 2

He's a bottler, too much whining and too stubborn. How Wesley has continued to get a game is beyond a joke. He brings on kodjia when we are 3-0 down, like wtf is that. Can't be arsed being patient anymore when he continuously keeps bottling it and keeps playing the poor me card, bullshit

• Like 1

Â