Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'd rather go down with smith

For me its

1) stop losing

2) start winning

3) survive

4) keep winning whilst playing attractive football.

I think someone like big Sam can cover 1) to 3) and then we change it again in a year or 2. We can’t fast track to 4).

• Like 1

I honestly love the bloke. We shouldn't be swayed too much just by him being "one of us", but the more I think about it, the more pissed off I am.

The players we have aren't good enough, and it seems he's not the guy who actually signs off on the players. Half of them clearly can't be ****, either. You see Grealish **** screaming at them to put some effort in.

It shouldn't take a good manager to tell you to **** run instead of saunter, or to close your man down. I'd happily sack half the **** squad, to be honest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep me too

Replace Smith by all means but not with a short term answer who we all want sacked in 18 months

18 months might as well be an eternity for managers. If he comes in and actually holds our support for 18 months, I'd say he's already done decently well. Smith hasn't even lasted that long before the fans have started to significantly turn on him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

For me its

1) stop losing

2) start winning

3) survive

4) keep winning whilst playing attractive football.

I think someone like big Sam can cover 1) to 3) and then we change it again in a year or 2. We can’t fast track to 4).

Big Sam isn't keeping this team up. 

The squad is shit

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I want Deano to stay on even if we go down. 

We finally got a man that wants to play expansive modern football. He is genuine and doesn't hide even when it goes tough. And it's tough now, we all know that. Getting in a new manager or old clogger, and reversing what we're trying to become simply cause we are having a rough patch is just moronic and how you never reach the levels you wanna be. 

Ultimately we got too many players that aren't good enough. Hourihane, Lansbury, Jota, Elmo are just crap and never PL level players. It's obviously hard for us and Deano when we have to ask someone to better than what they are. Doesn't matter what name the manager has when these are our squad players. 

Lets hope we get in the right players in January and can move on from this bad spell, much like we did last season.

I am not saying Deano doesn't have lots to learn, but that's how it is. I don't want to be the type of club that sacks a manager after signing a brand new team after promotion, simply cause you aren't melting away the opposition after 6 months. That to me is absolute lunacy.

Not that I suspect this will land with the kneejerk on here now, but we are just 2 points from safe ground. Half the season to go. 

Enjoy your Holidays. Lots of football coming up between now and 12th of January...

I'm FAR from knee jerk.

Like many, I want/have wanted it to work out for Deano desperately, but this is painful.

It's not just the "defeats", it's the manner of them and the decision making about them.

Yes some of (Alot of) the players are obviously not helping, but these are the SAME players who showed so much promise at points during the season.

Granted, it is also the SAME manager who has managed the few brilliant performances we have had.

However something is obviously terribly wrong, whether something has happened behind the scenes, there has been a falling out, or he is just being stubborn.

Yes we have injuries, but we are SOOOO poor at even the basics for the love of god.

Even the poorest teams smell blood against us and start to brush us aside embarrassingly.

The thing is, now, he has changed it up for the past 2 games or so and we are still ridiculously poor, I've seen this movie before.

I backed Bruce 100 percent until a certain point then I was done (Even though I genuinely don't really like the man)

I've backed Deano, and sold myself everything everything positive has been saying, but I've been edging here for the past couple of weeks,

I might feel differently tomorrow after cooling down but NO, i'm not looking forward to another relegation and us being further surpasses by tinpot clubs ffs.

We can blame the inujuries, but we were poor before those too.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong,a nd I fear "better players" might paper over cracks.

Similarly to when we were scraping wins under Bruce pureley due to moments of individual brilliance.

What is even more frustrating is that for all the positive and encouraging talk he makes about football, tactics etc, he has started to turn into a scared manager.

I like Deano alot but WTF?

Anyway I need to sleep on this, as it stands I'm more SAD than anything else ffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It does make sense he should be able to take us up, I agree.

However...

No Jack Grealish. 433 every game.

What happens when we've won 1 of 5 at the start of next season?

I'll tell you, it'll be 433 again the next game and the same tactics and players.

This thought concerns me.

Imagine Wes standing around at Peterborough away as we go down 3-0 with Hourihane waving his arms at the ref for their third.

Grim.

This is just as possible as Smith getting us promoted, however he won't change the system so it's more likely we finish mid table next season and look bang average.

Time for a change and yes I would take Big Sam to the end of the season, in fact he would stand more chance of getting us promoted again than Smith would.

• Like 1

However...

I'll tell you, it'll be 433 again the next game and the same tactics and players.

Imagine Wes standing around at Peterborough away as we go down 3-0 with Hourihane waving his arms at the ref for their third.

Grim.

This is just as possible as Smith getting us promoted, however he won't change the system so it's more likely we finish mid table next season and look bang average.

Time for a change and yes I would take Big Sam to the end of the season, in fact he would stand more chance of getting us promoted again than Smith would.

However...

Grim.

However...

Grim.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

So were the performances at the start of the season him getting great performances from dogshit players?

Think Mings and Mcginn make a difference and I think the positivity from the summer helped. 

But now all I see are players not physically up to it. I don't see a change in manager suddenly making that ok. 

Â