Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Yea...

cant be losing to Southampton and Watford having conceded 3 goals, and scraping a win at home to Norwich (but still being the worse team). We look absolutely garbage, and we are getting to the business end of the season now. Change it up, I’m afraid, else we are down again. 

I really want to defend him, I really do, but it’s impossible, We are in big trouble if we carry on with Smith and Wesley. End of really. Watford have shown what a new manager bounce can do, we need that to maybe and hopefully re-light our spark because I don’t see what else we can do right now.

Just now, Tayls said:

Yea...

cant be losing to Southampton and Watford having conceded 3 goals, and scraping a win at home to Norwich (but still being the worse team). We look absolutely garbage, and we are getting to the business end of the season now. Change it up, I’m afraid, else we are down again. 

I think we are down regardless of the change. He needs to go though. 

I like Smith.

His time should be up. It's not going to be, we aren't sacking a manager a month after giving him a new 4 year contract, but he's lost whatever there was to his management. I don't think we were that good last year and it took a completely obscene run of form to get promotion, but now we look clueless. Some, maybe a lot, of it is undoubtedly naive recruitment in the summer, we needed more in attack. But we're also just not doing much right right now. Defensively we're soft, attack wise we're limp, we can't go past a player and we can't pass.

There needs to be enormous improvement AND significant incomings in Jan to save things. Instead I expect us to limp on, get a couple of loans to cover some cracks, and when that doesn't work sack Smith in a March when it's just about last chance saloon. Or he's safe no matter what, in which case the season is a write off.

Edited by Chindie

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

would he come?

Probably not but with the new salary cap in Chinese football he will soon be managing pretty dismal players.

Not sure if the cap effects managers thou and all contracts are still good until the expire.

We need something different now. It pains me to say it after getting us promoted, but this is not the time for sentiment towards the manager. We have lost 5 of the last 6, scoring 4 and conceding 14. In that time we have played Norwich (who we were fortunate to beat IMO), Southampton, Watford, Chelsea, Leicester and Sheff Utd. I would have expected more than 3 points out of those fixtures. But, it's the lack of effort that is a bigger concern.

We are moving in to a vital transfer window, and we need a manager that can get the most out of whatever squad we have at the end of next month. 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Benitez is a pretty good shout to be honest.

There is no way on earth we are getting Rafa benitez - He won't even be on the radar should we dispense with Smith. You have to look at the people making the decisions - They got lucky with Smith over Henry last season - they have spunked £22m on a forward who who had never scored goals in his career, £17m for tagrget,  £10m for Nakamba - do you honestly think these people have the nous to Land Rafa Benitez ?  

It's starting to look like we will have a better chance of surviving with someone else in charge, this isn't just a bad run we've been woeful all season and I count us lucky to have as many points as we do have.

I want Deano to stay on even if we go down. 

We finally got a man that wants to play expansive modern football. He is genuine and doesn't hide even when it goes tough. And it's tough now, we all know that. Getting in a new manager or old clogger, and reversing what we're trying to become simply cause we are having a rough patch is just moronic and how you never reach the levels you wanna be. 

Ultimately we got too many players that aren't good enough. Hourihane, Lansbury, Jota, Elmo are just crap and never PL level players. It's obviously hard for us and Deano when we have to ask someone to better than what they are. Doesn't matter what name the manager has when these are our squad players. 

Lets hope we get in the right players in January and can move on from this bad spell, much like we did last season.

I am not saying Deano doesn't have lots to learn, but that's how it is. I don't want to be the type of club that sacks a manager after signing a brand new team after promotion, simply cause you aren't melting away the opposition after 6 months. That to me is absolute lunacy.

Not that I suspect this will land with the kneejerk on here now, but we are just 2 points from safe ground. Half the season to go. 

Enjoy your Holidays. Lots of football coming up between now and 12th of January...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There was an interesting article about four weeks ago where they had a team meeting and he opened up the floor and apparently loads of the squad hammered tactics and thought we were far too open and easy to play against. I thought at the time it sounded worrying but we then beat Newcastle. But for me it sounds like he may have lost the dressing room. The players don't look like they are playing for him

Either way for me, and I feel like a prick saying this, but he has to go. Pull the trigger now and do everything to get Rafa in asap. If we keep him any longer we will be going down.

Thanks for last season Deano, genuinely gutted how it's turned out

Â