Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Probably because he still has the exact same set of players. 

That old chestnut. The same players that thrashed Middlesbrough and Derby? 

Sorry, not buying these players aren’t good enough for Dean Smith’s wonder football. This is the Championship not top 4 of the Premier league. 

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Sorry, not buying these players aren’t good enough for Dean Smith’s wonder football. This is the Championship not top 4 of the Premier league. 

Well, a worse set of players than the ones that thrashed Boro and Derby

12 minutes ago, jim said:

No. It's missing 2 of the best 3 players from that team including, by far, the most influential player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes he does, that's why the majority of us where delighted when he joined. However we're not seeing enough evidence of him implementing this or evolving how we play. We're increasingly looking and playing like we did under Bruce. I trust that Smith will get there eventually but it's concerning that he's presenting little in the way of fresh ideas right now.

I know this is rocket science, but not all players suit different kinds of football. While we would like to see a free flowing game with lots of intensity and movement off ball, it's rather hard to achieve when you have a bunch of technically shit players who are about as mobile as a boulder

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jim said:

Same players minus grealish and Tuanzebe yes. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wonder what Paul Lambert said in his post game interview?

Anyone got any ideas?

Anything about going, again?

He thought they were excellent today. Football wise they were fantastic. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

A fair whiff of delusion and half truths in there. Normally a sign something's up. 

Delusion? We were deserved winners. 

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know this is rocket science, but not all players suit different kinds of football. While we would like to see a free flowing game with lots of intensity and movement off ball, it's rather hard to achieve when you have a bunch of technically shit players who are about as mobile as a boulder

In his first 6 weeks here there was far more intensity, a higher press and players making space for each other. Since then there's been a massive drop off, losing Grealish doesn't really account for it, fitness levels will account for a good portion of it but the rest to me seems to be down to a combination of tactical decisions (we're set up somewhat different) and an inability for him to get through to them. 

He definitely needs time, a pre-season etc, I still think he's the right man for the job, but it's undeniable that he's raising one or two questions about his capabilities and an unconvincing win against the bottom side who happens to have several injuries isn't really going to help silence those questions.

• Like 2

Â