Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, BOF said:

They used to alright, but does Potter set his teams up like that too?  I thought he was quite a bit more ... 'pragmatic' and organised in his approach.  I could be wrong though.

You could well be right. I think they setup that way against Ipswich. But I guess we shall see.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Capture.PNG.b5383d4da52cda207eefd2bcdbcd99e0.PNG

I think Hutton will miss out giving huge chances to the full backs he goes with.

Can't get it out my head that El Ghazi will come on and score.

Going to have to bet on it. Apologies Anwar.

I like that line up

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Capture.PNG.b5383d4da52cda207eefd2bcdbcd99e0.PNG

I think Hutton will miss out giving huge chances to the full backs he goes with.

Can't get it out my head that El Ghazi will come on and score.

Going to have to bet on it. Apologies Anwar.

No Kodjia on the wing. Smith will never play him there I hope

• Like 1

It will take time to implement how he wants to play, I can see him working with what he has for now, and just trying to keep in touch.

What I hope (and think) he will is play players in their natural positions as priority. Taylor will be at LB and I hope Bree is at RB.

1-1

We’ll start well, get an early lead but not put away a couple of other chances. They’ll grab an equaliser around halftime.

It’ll be a frustrating day but with some positives to take away from it.

Abraham to score for narrative purposes.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Wanna bet Hogan starts? 

As he's only just back from injury, I doubt it.  If he had been fit for a while though, I wouldn't be taking that bet :) 

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

As he's only just back from injury, I doubt it.  If he had been fit for a while though, I wouldn't be taking that bet :) 

Hasn't he been fit for about a month now, and that is where that drama between him and bruce came from since Bruce promised him a chance, but he has yet to get it? 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Hasn't he been fit for about a month now, and that is where that drama between him and bruce came from since Bruce promised him a chance, but he has yet to get it? 

Dunno.  I thought he was just back.

I am pretty sure Oasis doesnt have any Villa fans in the band. :) Besides if we dont want any noses associated with the club i think we will lose about half our stewards. Regardless, everyone will be relieved to learn I am not in charge of the walk out music at Villa park :)