Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Just ordered 2 tickets in the upper trinity for me and my dad, been contemplating it all week (he's 76 & it will be a long day for him so wasn't sure) but I'm totally buzzing for it now, he used to take me when I was younger and I thought I may regret one day not returning the offer and spending the time with him! ? UTV! 

Fair play play and good on ya. 

You got in just in time, Down to the last 400 now so will be around 42k mark

Your old man will love it. 

• Like 1

Really can’t wait for this, and I’m genuinely excited. My ban ends Friday, and I can’t wait for my son to feel the full force of what villa park can be like. Couldn’t have picked a better game. New manager, new optimism and a full house. It will be loud, and if we start off on the front foot, which I think we will, it will be deafening. I honestly don’t know how we will get On result wise, but I’m hoping we can push them on to 3 points. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Really can’t wait for this, and I’m genuinely excited. My ban ends Friday, and I can’t wait for my son to feel the full force of what villa park can be like. Couldn’t have picked a better game. New manager, new optimism and a full house. It will be loud, and if we start off on the front foot, which I think we will, it will be deafening. I honestly don’t know how we will get On result wise, but I’m hoping we can push them on to 3 points. 

What did you get banned for Rugeley?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

did you happen to be one of those villa fans that got in to a scruff during the Sheffield Utd away game this season?

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I thought it was Coleman against Ireland? Or has he actually done it twice then?

You're right, Junxs, I got the name wrong. Everton players all look the same to me :)

• Haha 1

I’m going to hazard a guess a Dean Smith’s first Villa team then:

(not the team I’d choose as I’ve seen Nyland play).

Nyland

Tuanzebe   Chester   Hutton

Elmo                                                    Bree

Hourihane  McGinn

Bolasie                                           Kodjia

Tammy

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Nyland

Hourihane  McGinn

Tammy

Why 5-3-2? We only have two centre backs so why try to play this formation? I would anticipate we will be playing the standard 4-5-1 that the vast majority of teams play these days.  

• Like 2

Nyland

Hourihane  McGinn

Tammy

I don’t think Hutton is a centre back even in a back 3, he’s a right back and decent back up as a left back at a push

Nyland

Hourihane  McGinn

Tammy

That team woukd be disaster mate. We would get murdered in midfield and the defence woukd be all over the shop. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

What did you get banned for Rugeley?

Got into a bit of bother against Stoke in our relegation season. It was mine and the wife’s anniversary and we were going out for a meal that night. She was all dressed up, then she had the call from me from the police station that I wouldn’t be coming home that night. Season ticket taken off me and a 3 year ban. 

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Swansea play total football attacking. Dean Smith plays fast attacking. High scoring game I reckon. Not that fussed by the result tbh. I give new managers a lot of leeway.

I wouldn't exactly go as so far as to say im not fussed by the result.  We should always be competitive against any team in this league, especially at Villa park. I'm not expecting much obviously in the way of different way of playing. I'd hope we will be a bit more organised. I've watched a bit of Swansea this season. Very tidy, don't play at a great tempo. Little lightweight. Blues totally bullied them a few weeks back and should of won. We should win this i feel.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Swansea play total football attacking. Dean Smith plays fast attacking. High scoring game I reckon. Not that fussed by the result tbh. I give new managers a lot of leeway.

I’ve not been overly impressed when I’ve watched them this season. Blues battered them. 

• Like 1