Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

Just now, westholmevillan said:

If this was a Bruce team I would be seriously worried.  However, it's a DS team and I think the tactics and style will be alot better! Keep the faith, this is a huge game!

UTV

Exactly. Imagine thinking that tactics and instruction can make a difference. Also imagine thinking a new manager can somehow change the personnel he inherited. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He has picked a balanced back 4. How many times did bruce do that this season? 

Grealish back in a number 10 role as well. 

No one is saying it's amazing but how different did people really think it would be? The attacking side didn't require a complete change in players, it needs a change in style and mentality. 

True, but I don't think it will be all about crosses, I think we will look to play through the middle a lot more.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I agree, it’s possibly just a case of posters transitioning and not wanting to appear inconsistent with their views on team selections. Which is reasonable I think.

It’s not a bad team, there will be one or two players in there with a point to prove to (I’m looking at you, Nyland, Taylor, Adomah). 

If Hutton was left back for Taylor, Elmo at right back and Bolasie was on the wing, most on here would say that’s an exciting side. I know I would.

Nothing exciting about hutton lb and elmo rb. We have looked a defensive mess all year. This back 4 have to be given time to be consistent now. Maybe bree for hutton at some point. No more **** changing every week and jedinak at cb

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Nothing exciting about hutton lb and elmo rb. We have looked a defensive mess all year. This back 4 have to be given time to be consistent now. Maybe bree for hutton at some point. No more **** changing every week and jedinak at cb

But it could be equally said that there’s nothing exciting about Taylor at left back and Elmo in right wing?

And no one is saying let’s try Jedinak in defence again.

Hey, if we get the win and the majority of players play well, great. I just don’t think it’s that unfair for some posters to critique the team selection.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

But it could be equally said that there’s nothing exciting about Taylor at left back and Elmo in right wing?

And no one is saying let’s try Jedinak in defence again.

Hey, if we get the win and the majority of players play well, great. I just don’t think it’s that unfair for some posters to critique the team selection.

After the way we look like a clown school when defending, i'm happy with not being exciting as a back 4. 

I think it's ridiculous to critique the selection. The guy has only had a few days with some of them. 

Bruce could well have picked this team and then played it twenty metres deeper than Smith will. That should make a difference.

65 minutes for Elmo, Adomah and Bjarnason (with instructions to put 90 minutes running and pressing into 65), and that should leave Swansea's defence vulnerable to Bolasie, Kodjia/Hogan and Hourihane. UTV!

Edited by villabromsgrove
Spelt Hourihane wrong again!
  • Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

After the way we look like a clown school when defending, i'm happy with not being exciting as a back 4. 

I think it's ridiculous to critique the selection. The guy has only had a few days with some of them. 

Fine. 

But you just said no more Jedinak at cb. So if Smith had picked Jedinak at cb, you wouldn’t have minded or criticised?

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Fine. 

But you just said no more Jedinak at cb. So if Smith had picked Jedinak at cb, you wouldn’t have minded or criticised?

For today, he'd have got a free pass on whoever he picked. That includes jedinak or hogan or who else he felt he wanted. 

Big big game I’m my opinion.

start with a winning mentality, and we can kick on.

not too sure on the selection, but like DCJonah said, free pass for now.

maybe players that have struggled under boot tactics might do better, so clean slates for me.