The NSWE Board

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Actually i missed this in the announcement - "The transaction is subject to Premier League approval" 

This isn't just investment or funding, this is them owning a decent chunk of of V Sports & Aston Villa.

Under the terms of the agreement, Atairos will invest to become a minority partner in V Sports

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/15/v-sports-announces-investment-from-atairos/

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Atarios can help build the brand and revenue streams given the have investments in leisure, sports and live entertainment. Often to grow a company you look for investment from areas who can add value to your business. This seems like that kind of deal 

Ah.... So almost as if they know what they are doing then? 😱

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You spotted this before the announcement. Seems like Atorios' investment is for £80m.

Does this essentially mean that the club is valued now at approximately £800 million?

Not bad considering that NSWE originally bought the club for £30 million from Xia in 2018 and then paid the unpaid debt to Lerner of £30 million upon promotion the following year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Does this essentially mean that the club is valued now at approximately £800 million?

Not bad considering that NSWE originally bought the club for £30 million from Xia in 2018 and then paid the unpaid debt to Lerner of £30 million upon promotion the following year.

Investing into V Sports as a whole rather than Villa would probably bump that figure up a little bit, but with Everton being sold for around £600m (and that's probably a lowball figure due to the sheer amount of debt at the club that 777 partners have been footing the bill for) and West Ham valued at around £700-750m when Kretinsky bought a quarter of them, it would seem about right.

Does justify why they love pumping money into the club (around £400-500m at this point IIRC).

Edited by wishywashy

1 hour ago, RadioTom said:

Their investment is for a minority stake of V Sports, right? So I’m gonna assume they now own a small percentage of V Sports, which owns 100% of Aston Villa. It’s just the new investor has a small share of the holding company. 

I’m also going to assume that their investment is relatively short-term. It’s a cash injection for club infrastructure, on the understanding that the club’s onward trajectory and higher value as a result (along with the increased value of Villa Park as an asset once redeveloped) will mean they get a higher return in the future. 

To me, it just seems like a sensible alternative for NSWE to getting a loan with a high interest rate, or using their own money which will currently be giving them a nice juicy interest too. 

Of course, they’re far better businessmen than me and I could be bang off, but this is how I’m reading into it. 

According to the press release NSWE called it "a long-term strategic investor in Atairos who shares our compelling vision for the future of the Club and our passion for football. This exciting partnership enhances the Club’s financial footing and strengthens its ability to compete in England and in Europe. V Sports is fully committed to further investment in Aston Villa FC and its men’s and women’s teams and looks forward to its continued growth and success.”

The purpose of Atairos’ additional investment is to improve the structure of the multi-club type model, with resource going into infrastructure and development.

You'd assume that the investment being geared towards funding the V Sports expansion and projects like Villa Park's redevelopment suggest they'll be pretty long-term partners, given how it'll probably take years for either of those things to bear fruit from a financial perspective.

Edited by wishywashy

The Atairos paragraph in the club statement says it has offices in NYC and Philadelphia.  Perhaps Chris Heck had some involvement?  Previously worked with the Philadelphia 76ers- maybe that organization dealt with them as well.

• Like 2

I think by them announcing that they are not having any control in Villa is rather clever, considering the grumbling over BK8 being rh shirt sponsor. Means we can have Altairos as a future sponsor I would think, this more investment per se?

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Sawiris is a director of Adidas.

He owns 6% of Adidas, but isn't a director. He's an advisor to the board. He also owns 6.3% of Madison Square Gardens Corp, who own, amongst manage US sports franchises, the New York Knicks.

We are so blessed amongst football owners that both he and Wes have a strong background in owning and investing in sports outfits.

His family also are/were season ticket, shareholders and box holders at Arsenal. I suspect the move for Don Unai wasn't coincidental, I am sure Nas knew him from the Arsenal days and very much, I suspect, took advice from Wenger regards luring our wonderful Basque beauty of a manager to the club.

34 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Could Atairos be on our shirts next season? 

I don't think that Atairos are likely to be sponsors (they are more likely to be able to gain more business by discussing how they are investors / partners with us rather than sponsors).  However, it wouldn't surprise me if our next shirt sponsors are another company that Atairos have had dealings with.  It feels like they're more likely to be on our side of the negotiating table and that they now have a vested interest in helping us secure good commercial deals in the US and beyond.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

He owns 6% of Adidas, but isn't a director. He's an advisor to the board. He also owns 6.3% of Madison Square Gardens Corp, who own, amongst manage US sports franchises, the New York Knicks.

We are so blessed amongst football owners that both he and Wes have a strong background in owning and investing in sports outfits.

His family also are/were season ticket, shareholders and box holders at Arsenal. I suspect the move for Don Unai wasn't coincidental, I am sure Nas knew him from the Arsenal days and very much, I suspect, took advice from Wenger regards luring our wonderful Basque beauty of a manager to the club.

He owns 3.3% of Adidas, and he is a director. He's on the Supervisory Board which in German companies appoints and oversees the Management Board (ie the execs).

29 minutes ago, Risso said:

He owns 3.3% of Adidas, and he is a director. He's on the Supervisory Board which in German companies appoints and oversees the Management Board (ie the execs).

It’s closer to 6% according Forbes. Also Wes Edens wealth will climb vastly with his Brightline HS train from LA to Vegas… 

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I think Vile are rattled coz Tom Daly and Robert Wagner have more money than that Arab at vile. This is the start KRO

It may not be the start or even the beginning of the start but it could easily be the beginning of the end for coach Rooney and his hapless bunch of seasoned losers wipe that snot. Have they even managed to open one of their condemned stands yet? A continued embarrassment to our city that unfortunately carries their name. It’s about time our city changed it’s name to Aston. Which gained its city charter before Birmingham anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It may not be the start or even the beginning of the start but it could easily be the beginning of the end for coach Rooney and his hapless bunch of seasoned losers wipe that snot. Have they even managed to open one of their condemned stands yet? A continued embarrassment to our city that unfortunately carries their name. It’s about time our city changed it’s name to Aston. Which gained its city charter before Birmingham anyway. 

And by the way the ridiculous Brum Mail article thst got them so strangely excited forgot to mention that Villa then had joint owners who’s wealth dwarfed those idiots on their own let alone jointly with the new partnership with Atairos it’s off the scale  and can only or at least should only add to their embarrassment and pain and of course our continued amusement. The gift that can’t seem to stop itself giving. Yet again!

Â