The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

He owns 3.3% of Adidas, and he is a director. He's on the Supervisory Board which in German companies appoints and oversees the Management Board (ie the execs).

Again, that's not quite true 

They act almost like a union within the company, they oversee things like workers rights and employment, even things like pay rises and bonuses, it's an elected role 

For example when I joined a German company the supervisory board at my place had a vote on me joining due to me being a foreigner, my boss had to convince them that there wasn't a more qualified German applicant, I had my interview, got offered the job, accepted it, then had to wait a month for a 6 person board to approve me, their was an election while I was there, I could have put myself forward for it (that does look different at Adidas, it's hardly "normal" people) 

They have nothing to do with business decisions, the works council won't vote on corporate strategy or small details like sponsoring villa

Wikipedia has him down as a supervisory director whereas my experience of working in germany being on the supervisory board does not make you a director 

Nas gets to vote on Adidas' post corona working from home policy - he didnt get to vote on their decision to drop Kanye West - that's how germany works 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

I know exactly how the German two-tier system works, I've worked with and audited lots of German companies. Supervisory Board members are subject to the same liability regime uder German law for directors as the Management Board are. In fact German legislation refers to 'members' for both boards, so if members of the management board are considered directors, so are the members of the supervisory board. You don't have to take day-to-day business decisions to be a director, although you could argue that a lot of the supervisory board decisions are important, such as appointing the management board in the first place. You're mistakenly comparing the German system to the more common unitary board, prevalent in most countries like the UK. Sawiris is on the board of Adidas, and has a liability for the decsions he makes whilst on it.

And another circa. £55m of shares have put into NSWE UK Limited: £54,683,602 to be exact. That precise number is curious, as that would have been bang on 70 million *US dollars* when the transaction took place on the 15th December: the same day the Atairos partnership was announced.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

Statement of capital following an allotment of shares on 15 December 2023
GBP 609,138,715

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

And another circa. £55m of shares have put into NSWE UK Limited: £54,683,602 to be exact. That precise number is curious, as that would have been bang on 70 million *US dollars* when the transaction took place on the 15th December: the same day the Atairos partnership was announced.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

Given the North Stand redevelopment is now on hold, what is that $70m going to be used to towards?  Heck’s explanation was very wishy washy to say the least.

4 hours ago, wishywashy said:

The shares have been invested into the 'NSWE Sports Limited' subsidiary this time, as opposed to no subsidiary regarding the investment a week ago. Someone else will hopefully have a better idea of what the purpose of NSWE Sports Limited is, but it isn't the usual company that NSWE pump money into (that honour goes to Aston Villa Football Club Limited, which is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club).

NSWE Sports Limited hasn't had any shares invested in it since 2016: I think it *used* to be the overarching parent company of the tangled Villa web of companies, until Xia took over and created what is now known as NSWE UK Limited in 2016 to do that.

spacer.png

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The shares have been invested into the 'NSWE Sports Limited' subsidiary this time, as opposed to no subsidiary regarding the investment a week ago. Someone else will hopefully have a better idea of what the purpose of NSWE Sports Limited is, but it isn't the usual company that NSWE pump money into (that honour goes to Aston Villa Football Club Limited, which is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club).

NSWE Sports Limited hasn't had any shares invested in it since 2016: I think it *used* to be the overarching parent company of the tangled Villa web of companies, until Xia took over and created what is now known as NSWE UK Limited in 2016 to do that.

The plot thickens, now the £55m has appeared in the subsidiaries Aston Villa FC Limited (which is separate from Aston Villa Football Club Limited) and Aston Villa Limited (where it was paid in 1,093,672,040 shares worth 5p rather than 55m shares of £1 like everyone else). Honestly have even less clue what these companies are for than NSWE Sports Limited.

This is all rather peculiar, not how NSWE usually invest funds into the club (they've never directly issued share capital into either of these subsidiaries), presumably its to do with the Atairos deal?

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First the club backtracks on the north stand investment and then pushes an old badge on us to save money on updating things around the ground. I'm a bit surprised as I thought they were keen to put more money in but this suggests they may be starting to cut back on investment potentially? 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

First the club backtracks on the north stand investment and then pushes an old badge on us to save money on updating things around the ground. I'm a bit surprised as I thought they were keen to put more money in but this suggests they may be starting to cut back on investment potentially? 

Is this a serious post?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's concerning. Maybe if the comms were better, especially on the stadium, we wouldn't have to speculate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bro...the badge is different, I mean not by much and its actually worse but its different. 

It's going to cost to change it.

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

When there's not much to complain about on the pitch..

No way but the fear is this ineptitude off it will start to have an effect, just like sorting the ownership and running of the club has translated to being 2nd in the league 5 years later

On 19/12/2023 at 19:53, wishywashy said:

The plot thickens, now the £55m has appeared in the subsidiaries Aston Villa FC Limited (which is separate from Aston Villa Football Club Limited) and Aston Villa Limited (where it was paid in 1,093,672,040 shares worth 5p rather than 55m shares of £1 like everyone else). Honestly have even less clue what these companies are for than NSWE Sports Limited.

This is all rather peculiar, not how NSWE usually invest funds into the club (they've never directly issued share capital into either of these subsidiaries), presumably its to do with the Atairos deal?

Risso?!

• 1 month later...

Thank god we have a proper owner and one who has a business brain. The future's bright.

Note: It's odd that it's taken this long for Adidas to make our kit. Would have thought that would be the first thing that would have happened.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

Â