The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Price rises on season tickets

Price rises on match days

Training gear more expensive than rivals despite being the same

Transfer plans thrown out of the window after big promises were made in a push for European football

A constant need to suck more money out of it's fanbase. Don't kid yourself, the ground extension is great, but it's only being put in place to increase revenue streams, as with many other projects ongoing at the club. To be a dominant club in English football you need the money coming in, but so far we are being promised the world and being delivered nothing. 

I was all for this ownership group, and pray that it continues to be as good as it has been over the last few years. But right now we feel like we are a stuttering, rudderless ship.

It's feeling like Randy Lerner all over again in some ways...

NSWE need to take a look at the people running this club and ask themselves if changes need to be made to protect and progress their investment.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Transfer plans thrown out of the window after big promises were made in a push for European football

A constant need to suck more money out of it's fanbase. Don't kid yourself, the ground extension is great, but it's only being put in place to increase revenue streams, as with many other projects ongoing at the club. To be a dominant club in English football you need the money coming in, but so far we are being promised the world and being delivered nothing. 

I was all for this ownership group, and pray that it continues to be as good as it has been over the last few years. But right now we feel like we are a stuttering, rudderless ship.

NSWE need to take a look at the people running this club and ask themselves if changes need to be made to protect and progress their investment.

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Don't really agree with a lot of the quoted post but this is something I definitely do agree with. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

FYI this isn't me blaming the owners, rather the people running the club on their behalf right now. 

They are businessmen. They would love Villa to be successful . But like many many others who come in to this league they eventually realise there is no way to be top 4 unless its a perfect alignment of other teams being weak with injuries and you having a great run of results. 

This is meant to be the fun part of their business. I am sure they thought they were getting a motivated still talented coutinho who they could enjoy watching  

I am sure they thoufht they were getting a potentially great manager who could give them European football eventually and an enjoyable playing style. 

They got neither. This partnership have put a 3rd of a billion into Villa of their own hard earned. And are not even standing still  its the hardest league in the world and the most expensive league in the world. 

They have supported us beyond belief. And have nothing really to show. 

• Like 3

Maybe Edens blew a fuse when Grealish left and is intentionally tying to tank the the club so we'd finish bottom and get a good ranking in next years draft to have a chance to get Victor Wembanyama?

Not sure how he's planning to get him to The Bucks after that thou or if we are even allowed to enter the NBA draft with Villa :)

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They have supported us beyond belief. And have nothing really to show. 

I mean they kinda do, the value of Aston Villa Football Club will have risen incredibly since they bought the club.  But I understand the point you're making. 

32 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe Edens blew a fuse when Grealish left and is intentionally tying to tank the the club so we'd finish bottom and get a good ranking in next years draft to have a chance to get Victor Wembanyama?

Not sure how he's planning to get him to The Bucks after that thou or if we are even allowed to enter the NBA draft with Villa :)

I really feel we would be great at tanking. Drafting? Not so much.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Purslow should get the sack for that unforgivable mistake. I do think Edens believed Grealish was a potential Antetokounmpo for us.

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Purslow should get the sack for that unforgivable mistake. I do think Edens believed Grealish was a potential Antetokounmpo for us.

What mistake? I strongly suspect Grealish wouldn't have signed his last Villa contract without the £100m release. Would you have preferred £100m or losing Jack for around £40m with one year left or worse still for nothing?

Back to our current players, if the club value Luiz with one year left at over £25m, I assuming they're not currently concerned about FFP.

10 hours ago, brommy said:

What mistake? I strongly suspect Grealish wouldn't have signed his last Villa contract without the £100m release. Would you have preferred £100m or losing Jack for around £40m with one year left or worse still for nothing?

Back to our current players, if the club value Luiz with one year left at over £25m, I assuming they're not currently concerned about FFP.

True, we cannot know whether Jack would've signed without the clause. 

12 hours ago, sne said:

Do not quote me on this but did’nt the bloke who posts with Bungle out of Rainbow as his avatar suggest Edens trousered the Grealish transfer fee? 

Â