The NSWE Board

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just hope that they are able to keep the dream alive for themselves and us. Prpbably 25 owners have come in with best intentions and found its a fixed game . I just fear that these pair of winners will get bored of not winning and spending fortunes . There has to be something in it for them . They don't have the decades long emotional connection we have . Not trying to put a dampener on the best owners we have ever had but it does concern me in the mid to long term .

When they do leave I have no doubt they’ll leave us in a good position. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When they do leave I have no doubt they’ll leave us in a good position. 

We used to say that about Randy, to be fair.

You can't say anything with certainty like that..they may get bored and sell up.

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We used to say that about Randy, to be fair.

You can't say anything with certainty like that..they may get bored and sell up.

They have surpassed Lerner from my viewpoint. I remember getting frustrated with Lerner when we signed Harewood 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just hope that they are able to keep the dream alive for themselves and us. Prpbably 25 owners have come in with best intentions and found its a fixed game . I just fear that these pair of winners will get bored of not winning and spending fortunes . There has to be something in it for them . They don't have the decades long emotional connection we have . Not trying to put a dampener on the best owners we have ever had but it does concern me in the mid to long term .

All good things come to an end eventually, that's just how life works.

Don't worry about what might happen in the future. Just enjoy what's happening now.

• Like 4

It seems our owners are trademarking the name 'Las Vegas Villains'

'LAS VEGAS VILLAINS™ trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of video game software; mobile phones and mobile phone applications; sunglasses; internet web links in the field of sports and sporting events.'

uspto

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

It seems our owners are trademarking the name 'Las Vegas Villains'

'LAS VEGAS VILLAINS™ trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of video game software; mobile phones and mobile phone applications; sunglasses; internet web links in the field of sports and sporting events.'

uspto

Hope they spell it right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope they spell it right.

the yanks wont get it

villains is maybe a bit on the nose in vegas too with all the mob stuff etc cant work out if its genius or if it'll kick up a fuss

now we just need them to play in the new raiders stadium and announce the pre season friendly next summer...

edit - thinking about it, edens already owns an esports team, might be another one

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the yanks wont get it

villains is maybe a bit on the nose in vegas too with all the mob stuff etc cant work out if its genius or if it'll kick up a fuss

now we just need them to play in the new raiders stadium and announce the pre season friendly next summer...

Yep, we should point it out though just in case it all happens and they really did want Villans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't shoot the messenger - but I heard today that Wes Eden's is looking to sell his interest in Aston Villa.

Hope it’s not true, but would not be surprised if that day comes sooner than later. As I wrote previously, there comes a time when it hits these owners that everything is stacked in favor of the top clubs and you need to invest billions, not just millions, to compete. 

Edited by nepal_villan

I'd be surprised if we were anywhere near profitable for him, whereas give it 2 to 3 years longer and we might be 

He's an investor, we are growing and are way off our plateau or a good sales value, he sits on us for a few years, invests less on players, more effort in partners and bigger sponsorship deals he starts to take money out of us, even if we just sit in 11th for the next 5 years his return would increase as our revenue would too

I don't know his world but it wouldn't make a lot of sense 

Â