Fulham

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I yhink fulham could have stayed up if they had a better manager than parker.

His inexperience showed at large parts of the season.

The game that sent them down was the one against us. That lose killed them. We truly had the last laugh after they beat us in play off final

i think they were down last summer when they decided not to do a fulham, same with baggie, and it will be a continuing theme, the jump from championship to PL is huge, the financial disparity is too big and there is a dependency on loans 

would be genuinely shocked if all 3 promoted clubs ever stay up again

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Reads this and spits out coffee.

Really?!

I didn't believe it either, but apparently so.

I know "Premier League footballers earn too much money" isn't news, but a player like Loftus-Cheek earning about 330 times the UK average income genuinely disgusts me. 

It's a good few million a year to the treasury though, so that's something.

Edited by Davkaus

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

true, but i think the championship playoffs are going to be excellent watches

Yep championship play offs i am definitely loooking forward to. I think brentford will do a villa and win it

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think they were down last summer when they decided not to do a fulham, same with baggie, and it will be a continuing theme, the jump from championship to PL is huge, the financial disparity is too big and there is a dependency on loans 

the team that played us on the opening weeks could have easily broken Derby points record. They brought in about 8 players after including a new back 4. If this was done at start of the summer maybe would be different

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep championship play offs i am definitely loooking forward to. I think brentford will do a villa and win it

i think brentford will bottle it...love them to come up though.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I yhink fulham could have stayed up if they had a better manager than parker.

His inexperience showed at large parts of the season.

The game that sent them down was the one against us. That lose killed them. We truly had the last laugh after they beat us in play off final

They would have had a better chance thats for sure. sticking with Parker made it inevitable. 25 goals is all they scored all season. its pathetic!

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the team that played us on the opening weeks could have easily broken Derby points record. They brought in about 8 players after including a new back 4. If this was done at start of the summer maybe would be different

They had a chance but 1 point in the last 10 games has sent them down

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, at least one of the 3 teams promoted always seems to have a decent chance of staying up.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I dunno, at least one of the 3 teams promoted always seems to have a decent chance of staying up.

1 of them definitley, 2 of them maybe, all 3?

Dont think it will happen anymore 

Too many squads will need too much work 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Since when is winning the play offs doing a Villa😂

Just now, Rino8 said:

Clearly not a villa fan as it took 2 play offs back to back to get promoted. We lost to fulham and then beat derby.

Brentford lost last year and can potentially get up at 2nd time of asking back ti back like villa. There fore doing a villa

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I assume he’s referring to the fact that Brentford were in the final last year. Seeing as they lost to Fulham, the same team as Villa did, there would be a few similarities.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think Watford will be o.k, they just got complacent with squad building when they went down with too many old players starting although ironically someone they hated Craig Dawson has been outstanding at West Ham. Had to laugh at Deeney saying he's got unfinished business in the premier league, he should be the first one out of the door and add to SHA's wage bill.

Norwich will be the usual nice to watch but will let in too many soft goals unless they get in some really good CBs and strong DM so will likely be same as two years ago.

Really need Brentford to come up this time, would probably struggle to stay up but they'd be a tad more interesting to watch than either Swansea or Bournemouth who we've seen loads of in prem in last decade so either of those would be boring promotions.

Barnsley would be a great story (I can still remember them in 97/98 beating us....) but lowest budget by a mile and limited style means they'd be nailed on for 20th.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Watford will be o.k, they just got complacent with squad building when they went down with too many old players starting although ironically someone they hated Craig Dawson has been outstanding at West Ham. Had to laugh at Deeney saying he's got unfinished business in the premier league, he should be the first one out of the door and add to SHA's wage bill.

Norwich will be the usual nice to watch but will let in too many soft goals unless they get in some really good CBs and strong DM so will likely be same as two years ago.

Really need Brentford to come up this time, would probably struggle to stay up but they'd be a tad more interesting to watch than either Swansea or Bournemouth who we've seen loads of in prem in last decade so either of those would be boring promotions.

Barnsley would be a great story (I can still remember them in 97/98 beating us....) but lowest budget by a mile and limited style means they'd be nailed on for 20th.

I think next season will be closer in relegation. Southampton and Brighton will continue to struggle, Palace and Wolves if they hire a shit manager if Roy and Nuno leave and Newcastle with Bruce will be the same. Burnley are getting older as well so could struggle unless invest

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think 2 of the 3 usually stay up. The last few years have been rough though, I think last season when us and Sheffield United stayed up was the only time at least 2 have stayed up since all 3 of Huddersfield, Brighton and Newcastle stayed up in 2017. Some proper shite teams like Cardiff and Fulham (x2) in there and teams refusing to invest like Norwich and West Brom, happy to take the parachute payments.

• Like 1

I'll make a really bold prediction that will remind people of when I predicted that Sheffield United would get relegated next season whilst they were challenging for Europe, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see West Ham struggle next season.

I think norwich or watford have the tools to stay up next year.

Both are better than fulham or wba. I think most likely watford would stay up out if the two. 

I think newcastle and palace are goibg to struggle next season.

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When was the last time, if ever, that all 3 relegated teams were relegated so early?

I can't remember it ever happening before (I'm sure it has, I just don't recall it)

Also  2/3 that went down comfortably promoted and Bournemouth in the playoffs. 

Parachute payments and FFP starting to have a massive impact on quality and ability to compete. 

You'd make the 3 that have gone down this season very strong favourites to go back up. 

Â