Fulham

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, useless said:

Already lost two of their best players in Anguissa and Carvalho, surprised to see they let Seri go as well, didn't work out for him at first but last season played thirty plus games for them and played pretty well.

They're going to have to do well in the transfer market, as well as they did this season a lot of their squad are players that have previously struggled at Premier League level, they seem to have a lot that are too good for Championship but struggle in the Premier League.

Isn't Harrison Reed their regular DM? He got praise for his performances last time and not like Fulham had a terrible backline once they got likes of Areola and Joachim Andersen in so he contributed to that.

They'll have to make signings so will reserve judgement until they do, they actually got some good players in last time but they didn't come in until 5-6 games into the season which was a the problem and meant they were playing catch up.

Harrison Reed, Tom Cairney, Nathaniel Chalobah, and Josh Onomah are their only midfield options now, Reed is the only one that's shown he can perform at Premier League level, so they're probably going to have to at least bring a few in. They will need to strenthen their defence and attack as well, have to get the balance right between not signing too many players but also making sure they sign enough to give themselves a chance. If we start selling squad players wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them end up there.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Already lost two of their best players in Anguissa and Carvalho, surprised to see they let Seri go as well, didn't work out for him at first but last season played thirty plus games for them and played pretty well.

They're going to have to do well in the transfer market, as well as they did this season a lot of their squad are players that have previously struggled at Premier League level, they seem to have a lot that are too good for Championship but struggle in the Premier League.

Where's Anguissa gone? He's been out on loan all this season anyway hasn't he?

I don't think he's officially left them yet but it's generally accepted that he will be signing for Napoli on a permanent deal. He's been on loan, but still one of the few players they have that's proven at Premier League level, so would have preferred to keep him.

• 2 months later...

I think they will be the best of the promoted sides. This is the first time they have come up prepared

Leno and Duffy arent elite but better than what they had. Mbabu could have got a move higher up the table and Palhinha is highly rated. Solomon could be boom or bust but was also linked to us

I think they arent coming to entertain and hoping Mitrovic gets double figures. Wilson set pieces to Duffy will bring them joy too

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Their central defensive partnership is still Ream and Adarabioyo. That isn't good enough for survival.

They just signed Shane Duffy who will start with Adaribioyo who looked OK next to Andersen last time

Problem last time they had Odoi and Ream for about 6 games which killed them

Just now, Zatman said:

They just signed Shane Duffy who will start with Adaribioyo who looked OK next to Andersen last time

Problem last time they had Odoi and Ream for about 6 games which killed them

Anything is an improvement on Ream, but that's not *much* of an improvement. I think they're very weak at the back tbh.

• 7 months later...

Hopefully Mitrovic gets a long ban. That should help us overtake them. 

You can't be letting someone shove a ref and get away lightly. This has repercussions all the way down the pyramid. 

Assume their other bans will also make life difficult for their next couple of games too. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can't be letting someone above a ref and get away lightly. This has repercussions all the way down the pyramid. 

Assume their other bans will also make life difficult for their next couple of games too. 

exactly. with all the talk of abuse towards refs at grassroots level they need to make an example out of him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You can't be letting someone above a ref and get away lightly. This has repercussions all the way down the pyramid. 

Only Man Utd players are allowed to shove officials.

• Like 1

Agreed on Mitrovic, but the inconsistency in refereeing and VAR infuriates me. What was the difference between what Willan did (and got sent off for) and the disallowed penalty shout for Villa (that resulted in nothing)?

Willen did not appear to try to stop the ball with his hand and it was about as far from his body as Stephens was. When I heard about it on the radio I assumed he had deliberately stuck his hand out or something, but seeing the replay on the news this morning, I think it was a terrible decision.

The sendings off are great for us, but I do feel that Fulham have been very hard done by here.

• Like 1

I'll be honest when I heard that Fernandes did it last week at first I thought no surprises there, but then looking at the replay of it and it's night and day to Mitrovic, who'll get I'd have thought a 6 or 7 game ban at least. Fernandes barely touched the lino. I mean don't get me wrong the guy is a prize prick, but he barely touched the lino

Still think about the sliding doors moment of them beating us in the play off final. We wouldn’t have Emery or our owners now if we had got promoted. We’d have (likely) gone straight back down and god knows what next. But then hearing us lead to Xia going and the rest is history.

Losing to them felt awful, but we’ve ended up in the best place we have been for decades. 

I was really stuck with this one, as I don't have much love for either team.

I thought the penalty was harsh because Willian seemed to pull his arm away, and although I can't deny that Mitrovic went too far, as he usually does, some referees definitely deserve a shove.

Of course, one thing we know, is that if the two handballs we saw at Villa Park on Saturday had happened at Old Trafford, at least one would have been given as a penalty.

The one at Old Trafford was a penalty and a red.  VAR not giving the penalty at Villa Park doesn’t change that.  

FWIW I 100% think the handball on Saturday at Villa Park was a penalty too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Agreed on Mitrovic, but the inconsistency in refereeing and VAR infuriates me. What was the difference between what Willan did (and got sent off for) and the disallowed penalty shout for Villa (that resulted in nothing)?

I mean the villa one should absolutely have been a penalty, but there is a huge difference between the two things.

One was an accidental handball which may or may not have stopped a goal

One was a deliberate handball on the line which undoubtedly saved a certain goal

The former is a handball and should have been a penalty.
The second is a handball and a straight red card

• Like 2

Â