Fulham

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Having the manager, Mitrovic and Willian all suspended for a minimum of 3 games wont do us any harm in catching them.

Willian will only get a one match ban.

They've actually won a few games this season with Mitrovic suspended/injured so I'd say Joao Pauliniha is a bigger miss for them with what he brings.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Willian will only get a one match ban.

They've actually won a few games this season with Mitrovic suspended/injured so I'd say Joao Pauliniha is a bigger miss for them with what he brings.

One card for a straight red?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

That lad Vinicius looked like a handful last time Mitrovic was out, if I remember rightly. 

Manos Soloman has scored some crackers lately although not sure if he's an actual CF or more of a wide forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's not violent conduct and last man foul would always just be a one match ban e.g. Dendoncker v Stevenage so no different to that.

Ah ok

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm probably behind the times but I thought a straight red was a three match ban?

Only for violent conduct.

If it's a professional foul then it's only one match and handball comes under that as illegal way to stop a goal.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Willian from what I saw it was a handball and penalty but red card was harsh. I dont think it was a deliberate handball plus he was going at top speed to block the ball

There's no way you can save the ball with your hands on the line and not get a red card. I think it was deliberate, but even if it isn't, you have to go for that. Denying a certain goal

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no way you can save the ball with your hands on the line and not get a red card. I think it was deliberate, but even if it isn't, you have to go for that. Denying a certain goal

Yeah if the opposing team miss the penalty (ok that's their own fault) then there's effectively no punishment at all for literally just stopping a goal if there's no red card.

It did look deliberate, which I thought was very strange at that point in the game. Ok if it's the last minute you take the penalty and the red card (see: Suarez in 2010) but they still had loads left to play at that point.

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It did look deliberate, which I thought was very strange at that point in the game. Ok if it's the last minute you take the penalty and the red card (see: Suarez in 2010) but they still had loads left to play at that point.

You can’t make that decision in the tenth of a second as the ball is coming to you, it’s instinctive to try and stop the goal being scored.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mitrovic banned for 8 games (with 1 match already served)

he will be back for Fulham’s final two games but hopefully his absence will had too much of an effect on their league position by the time he returns. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Mitrovic banned for 8 games (with 1 match already served)

he will be back for Fulham’s final two games but hopefully his absence will had too much of an effect on their league position by the time he returns. 

Bit harsh 8 games, pushing a ref gets you the same length ban as racially abusing a player.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bit harsh 8 games, pushing a ref gets you the same length ban as racially abusing a player.

There's precedent, Di Canio got an 11 game ban for shoving Paul Alcock in 98.

• Like 1

Â