John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I agree, but don’t make it sounds like you’re exempt from that.

Absolutely not. I've posted plenty of nonsense. Especially when emotional after a loss or bad performance. I can let anger take over basically 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d like to see the circumstances of when he’s not been on the pitch before drawing any actual conclusions from this.

I love McGinn but it sucks that this has got tribal like everything else.

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’d like to see the circumstances of when he’s not been on the pitch before drawing any actual conclusions from this.

Well it's a nonsense stat as it'll be skewed towards our first season after promotion when he was absent for most of it with a broken leg and we were absolutely terrible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I agree, you feel like people want him to fail now as captain to be right rather than say they wouldn't have made the same decision but hope their proven wrong and he has his best season ever

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m just a happy go lucky dude that doesn’t care about him getting captain and just enjoying the drama it has caused.

• Like 1

Personally I think this is a positive move. McGinn is clearly a huge personality around the club and has a chance of improving his overall levels back to Super John status. Don't understand the negativity here. It does seem that out of the two, Mings is the player likely to face more time on the bench.

• Like 3

At the end of the day, I'd expect 11 professional footballers, being paid mental wages, to all go onto the pitch and play like they were captains anyway. 

I've got huge respect for Tyrone Mings, I thought he was a great captain, especially his conduct off the pitch but I'll fully get behind McGinn as he's a Villa player and has been a huge part of why we are where we are today. 

UTV

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It stinks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Comparing the Athletic to the absolute nonsense you read on VT is a no contest.

Take your post for example, citing a player who has played no competitive games for Villa or in the Premier League as better than him. A player everyone knows you've never seen play a competitive game or at best a YouTube highlights or a CL game. But here you are, vociferous that he is better than him.

VT is 99% full of complete nonsense. 

Not saying it's not? Who mentioned VT as a whole?

Â