John McGinn

PompeyVillan

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes - this all over.  Luiz gets the ball from Mings, passes it back in to the defence and the ball goes long.  It happened far too frequently.

(But, hey, it boosted Luiz' passing stats and kept the ball away from Ramsey and McGinn to show they "hide away from the ball"...)

What a load of rubbish this is. Wow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

McGinn doesn't deserve the captaincy he thinks the earth is flat.

yah dude and now chukwuemeka leaving because mcginn is captain and and i saw him punch a kitten once what horrible horrible man. hes ruining our club reeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think we would have heard something from the club to suggest our transfer business was over if they didn't intend getting another player in. I believe we are open to another player but only if it is the right player and at the right price. We look to have finally got smart at transfers and get specific targets in for specific positions, the hit and hope approach is no longer. Gerrard is probably happy with the squad he has for the coming season but imo the club will move for the right player if the opportunity presents itself and I believe that Lange et al are looking for those opportunities

I don't think they'd come out and tell us necessarily, they didn't last summer when we failed to buy a CM and had 100m in our pockets from selling Grealish. 

I don't just want any nothing player coming in, it has to be the right quality, but someone like Palhinha would have been a great signing for us and we let him go to Fulham. There are still players out there who could drastically improve us being branded about (e.g. Matheus Nunes) but we're not going for them.

It all smells like we're done, but I want to be wrong on this one. 

21 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

yah dude and now chukwuemeka leaving because mcginn is captain and and i saw him punch a kitten once what horrible horrible man. hes ruining our club reeeeeeeeeeee

West Ham might be interested if thats his thing

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't think they'd come out and tell us necessarily, they didn't last summer when we failed to buy a CM and had 100m in our pockets from selling Grealish. 

I don't just want any nothing player coming in, it has to be the right quality, but someone like Palhinha would have been a great signing for us and we let him go to Fulham. There are still players out there who could drastically improve us being branded about (e.g. Matheus Nunes) but we're not going for them.

It all smells like we're done, but I want to be wrong on this one. 

How do u know this?

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Even for somebody that doesn’t care whose captain in this team because I don’t think we really have an on the field real captain figure, this is a bizarre decision.  

I have no issue with Ty or Ginny but this a big move by Gerrard with a fair bit of fallout with what seems very little benefit.  

Maybe he just wanted to shake things up a bit, but it all seems a little odd and gives us more to question Gerrard’s decisions.

Bring back the philosophical happy nick from last night. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

In a nutshell haha

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

with all the talk of statistics, it's worth noting that a quick count of league game ratings and reactions threads from last season, mcginn was given 5 MOTMs by us on here. much more than i thought it would be

i'm still not happy with the decision, but just thought i'd mention

I don't think that contradicts what many are saying. He can have a great game when hes on it and/or when he gets lucky with his ambitious passes. Sadly, there are far more games when he isn't on it,  he doesn't get lucky, and he tires massively after 60 minutes. 

I'm hoping the pressure of the captaincy improves his concentration, and we see him on it more often than not. 

I also hope the ability to rotate him in midfield on occasion (which I think will still happen) will give him chance to recover better between games so we don't see the McGinn that disappears after 60 minutes.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ironically, from what i've seen on the Facebook Villa pages, most seem happy with the decision.

The different media and forum really do have a different cross section of fans and opinions.

Going by the board, you'd think there was some proper discontent throughout the whole fanbase.

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Haha I’m still here at the moment, I was just having a moment, probably just hungry!  Might be back to concerned Nick after Saturdays game 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Bless he looks well chuffed... lol

Hopefully we get more of the Brilliant " Super " John McGinn, and not the one we've seen way too often.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think one of the big challenges for McGinn will be to try and ensure that the dressing room doesn’t split into cliques or factions, I love that the South American contingent all spend time together but equally, that could become an issue if it causes a divide of sorts.

Would be nice to see Countinho and Emi etc posting videos with some of the other players in the squad.

This is not a knock on Ty or I'm not saying he doesn't have this type of relationship with everyone, but McGinn strikes me as a guy that gets on with everyone at the club. So if anything I think he'd encourage togherness within the squad. 

• Like 1

Â