John McGinn

PompeyVillan

One of my favourite villa players of the last few years. He is such a great asset to have both on and off the pitch. With the quality of midfield players behind him now, I hope we can see him add more goals to his game, similar to when he plays for Scotland.

I can't wait to see him perform against his old club Hibs.

• Like 3

Absolutely fantastic today,  some of those turns he was doing,  his tackling,  closing down, driving with the ball...... I don't think there's a better midfielder in the premier league when he's on that type of form. 

• Like 1

Struggled with the LM role against Newcastle but did really well today with it, mixing up his attacks and using his patented arse spin to hold up in traffic. 

Unai just sees McGinn has his all-purpose player. LM, RM, second striker, CM. He can play 5/11 on the pitch for Unai. 

What a performance. Set the example, started the rout and who's to say Everton wouldn't have made a game of it if he hadn't worked them into the ground from the first minute,  then scored to hammer home the "you're going home with 0 points" message. 

Immense from the wee man.

Hope he can show Hibs the same sort of performance in the week 

• Like 1

Wh have had some brilliant Scotmen over the years especially in my lifetime, but I honestly don't think any of them can put a smile on the face quite like SJM. 

What a humble servant he has become. I'm betting now that he becomes supporters player of the season come it's end.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Absolutely stunning the change in the player from a year ago.

He's playing the best football of his life. He's doing everything right, not blowing out of his arse early, quality going forwards and grafting defensively. 

Emery has truly elevated his game but at the same time, it's not possible without the application of the player himself. 

Huge, huge respect, John because I will hold my hands up and thought you were done, peaked and on your way down last season under Gerrard. 

He really is an elite player. 

• Like 2

Â