John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Yeah, it really sad. 

He's been a great player for us in his time here but to hear a huge cheer when he's getting subbed off must be hard to take. 

Don't know if it's the system, the position he's been asked to play, confidence or what. There is a player in there and a Premier League Player at that but he's fallen off a cliff face.  

I hope he finds his mojo because it would be sad for his Villa career to end like this, but he badly needs to be dropped right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I really hope Gerrard has finally learned now that there's simply no place for him as a starter anymore.

he hasn't. and won't. it will be the sword he dies on.

Repeating sentiments but he can't play in the same role as JJ at the same time.

If McGinn starts it's with the remit that he spends all his energy in 60 mins to be replaced by JJ or vice versa.

Experimental lineup today but I want to see him back to his best and shifting people around to accommodate him is fine as long as players in better form aren't missing out.

I'd like to see him come off the bench and earn his place back.

• Like 1

He’s getting to the Hourihane stage of his time at Villa now. Saying that, theres nothing wrong with bringing his energy off the bench in certain games when needed. We all love him but its a bit sad when the crowd start to cheer when he’s called off. He must feel like he has imposter syndrome starting as captain

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He made 13 passes in an hour he was an abomination 

I don't think anyone played badly.  What were the passing stats for everyone else in that hour? We didn't really have the ball.  He made some very good blocks and interceptions and the midfield looked like it actually functioned.

I actually think McGinn has been over played the past 3 years.  Think it’s catching up with him which isn’t surprising given the high tempo he plays at.  A few games coming off the bench will sort him out.  Fans being very disrespectful to him have short memories. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I said in the match thread, he used to be a master at the long cross, but whoever he passes to now, they have to work hard to get on it and keep the ball. He's been a good servant in the past, never great but good. I'm just not sure what he actually does good now, he ain't scoring for shit either.

Â