John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He was good today but he's so one footed and when he and Nakamba play there is very little balance when on the ball. Its very easy to play against them when the tempo is low. McGinn has the ability to drive forward and pick a great pass but I sometimes wonder how good he could be if he had more confidence and ability with his weaker foot.

He was much improved because he cut out his Barry Bannan Hollywood balls. His through balls were much more deadly because they were used as a surprise tactic. 

Misplacing five yard passes is nothing to do with being played out of position it’s sloppiness and a lack of care and attention on the ball. I counted 7/8 simple 10 yard forward passes which set us on the front foot whereas previously he was looking for the killer pass. 

Brilliant.

He was superb first half, good second half (because I think he was tired from all the work in the first) - but we've seen games like this from him before. We know he's capable of it, he needs to do it consistently. He deserves plaudits and credit for yesterday and now he needs to build on it and kick on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wake up call for him on fitness. Couldn't even celebrate our goal.

To be fair he's played 3 games in a few days - 2 Scotland games and yesterday, and in all of them he's been perpetual motion, pretty much. But yeah he was shattered by the end. That, though is what gets players fitter.

• Like 3

Super JM yesterday bravo! 👏👏👏 I've noticed that since our return to the PL, although a lot of his goals have been typically McGinn crackers, a lot have been in defeats! That must be really annoying for him! :s And in fact the only one I can think of right now in a win was in the  🌟 7-2 🌟 and even that was a bit of a fluke as there was quite a big deflection off a Liverpool player. I hope for him that his next league goal is a match winner !

• Like 1

He defo played within himself at times ( in a good way ) 15 yard passes became 10 yard passes . And then occasionally he put in unbelievable balls. That one on the right wing when he battled to get it away from their left wing back for about 5 seconds before playing a reverse pass 30 ft in the air to our left wing. 

I am sure Gerrard will be able to help him become slightly less rampaging and slighty more effective which lets face it will make him a brilliant player full stop for us . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Was he twerking for the first goal on the half way line?

I'm not sure how many people on here even know what " twerking " is mate  lmao.

For the decent....

Twerking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

For the filthy animals...

Pin on Girls flashing

Pin on My Saves

Let's hope he wasn't doing this.

Let's also hope I don't get banned.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Â