Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

He has the raw attributes to be very good. He is clearly struggling with confidence. Our poor defence does not help.

He will come good but he needs our support. We are much too quick to form an opinion. Let’s get behind him.

We're all behind him for sure, unfortunately so is the ball.

• Haha 1

I thought he did alright today other than the one obvious drop for a corner. Cracking save to prevent the Tuanzebe own goal. The defence’s inability to deal with mishit crosses that he could never have come for was more worrying than Nyland for me.

Thought he did fairly well, made some decent saves again.

He will get better at coming off his line, it's the same thing that Johnstone struggled with in his first season.

Unfortunately for Nyland he's come in to a defense that is a shambles, it's changing in front of him every week and he's having to adapt to it each week. When Johnstone had Terry in front up him, organising the whole defense as a unit as well as organising Johnstone; he improved massively.

That being said the defense looked more settled yesterday. Tuanzebe looked good and will improve with games, he needs to build a partnership with Chester. Right backs and left backs in the correct positions was an improvement, who would have thought it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Two games no ricks! Yey exciting times. 

Not to be that guy...but it's because he isn't taking any responsibility. There are a number of balls the past 2 games that have come into his 6 yard box and he has just stood there. Maybe he is under instruction as he weighs about 7 stone but it doesn't inspire.

There was one last night from a long through, looped high, simple claim, in the air for about two weeks. In the end I think Jedi had to direct just wide of his own goal in the 2nd half, heart in mouths stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not to be that guy...but it's because he isn't taking any responsibility. There are a number of balls the past 2 games that have come into his 6 yard box and he has just stood there.

This. He doesn't command his area at all and is glued to the line. Looks a long, long way from the finished product. I miss Johnstone. 

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not to be that guy...but it's because he isn't taking any responsibility. There are a number of balls the past 2 games that have come into his 6 yard box and he has just stood there. Maybe he is under instruction as he weighs about 7 stone but it doesn't inspire.

There was one last night from a long through, looped high, simple claim, in the air for about two weeks. In the end I think Jedi had to direct just wide of his own goal in the 2nd half, heart in mouths stuff.

Agreed but at this stage each game that goes by without an error that leads to a goal is one I'll take. 

3 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I cannot remember a keeper quite so rooted to the spot as this guy.  The header that flashed just wide last night would have been in before he'd moved had it been on target.

Johnstone wasn't much difference either was Given or Freidel

Only Guzan in last 10 years was a keeper that left his line

Â