Going Under ?

hippo

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Er..............

Terry....You did say that you wanted answers to salient questions relating to the accounts.....but IIRC it was more to do with FFP and how we deal with it.

It seems now, FFP is just a side show....I'm not trying to steal your thunder, but nothing like this was intimated.

but yes, you was on the trail.....don't think anyone else was though.

Edited by TRO

4.2m bill overdue to HMRC. Could well be last year's tax bill if anything is to go by, HMRC threatening this action now as it's quite obvious money is tight. 

It's all coming out now as we have missed out on the money of the premier league. So suddenly there's Alot less money to go places and still mouths to feed it too..

The biggest concern is if we are forced into administration players will be sold off at an alarmingly low rate...

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't forget Mostovoi

He was sublime down VP that night... was Karpin there as well? And Salgado?

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He was relying on us to get into the premier league to cover up the cracks? That's not happened and everything is coming out of the woodwork. Wolves are after an inter Milan right back for 35m. I honestly don't think we would have been creating many shockwaves with our return back to the prem. It just seems we haven't got any money available at all, and not likely to have for a while. I have no doubt that Xia is loaded. Is he cash loaded though, or asset loaded? The latter looks the likely one, but he will sell us first before selling anything else imo. 

Oh yes....I guess its winner takes all.

Snoddy linked with Cardiff etc,etc,etc.

so the contingency plans we were pedalled, was fabrication.

Looks like some folk have a busy summer in admin.....just keeping us afloat.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Terry....You did say that you wanted answers to salient questions relating to the accounts.....but IIRC it was more to do with FFP and how we deal with it.

It seems now, FFP is just a side show....I'm not trying to steal your thunder, but nothing like this was intimated.

but yes, you was on the trail.....don't think anyone else was though.

No I wasn’t referring to FFP primarily mate, I was referring to the article someone posted the same Page from the Mail about the good Doctors £160m “ investment “ in the Club.....which I’ve seen bandied around a lot.....and as I say, from everything I’ve read online, in the Accounts, in Forums, I’ve seen nothing to say he’s spent any of his own money ( and nothing to verify his wealth but that’s harder to do with him being non UK).

To be fair, I wasn’t saying he definitely hadn’t spent money, or that he had none, I was just raising the fact that I saw no evidence of it, AND that with our current position this was becoming more relevant.......as it most certainly has.  !!

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Terry....its all well and good, being even interested in them.....there are too many deceiving folk you have to trust.

We as humble fans, can only trust those in charge.....very sorry day for the football club.....but its starting to sound worryingly serious.

There are folk far more in tune with these sort of things in the fan base, than me.....just hoping some of our own, can make sense of it.....but as I say, you can't believe anyone from the club.

Agree, it’s impossible to know without inside info. None of the publicly available (factual) information can give us an insight, as far as I’m aware. 

Seems at best an admin error, and at worst a real issue if our cash flow is so bad we cannot afford it. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No I wasn’t referring to FFP primarily mate, I was referring to the article someone posted the same Page from the Mail about the good Doctors £160m “ investment “ in the Club.....which I’ve seen bandied around a lot.....and as I say, from everything I’ve read online, in the Accounts, in Forums, I’ve seen nothing to say he’s spent any of his own money ( and nothing to verify his wealth but that’s harder to do with him being non UK).

To be fair, I wasn’t saying he definitely hadn’t spent money, or that he had none, I was just raising the fact that I saw no evidence of it, AND that with our current position this was becoming more relevant.......as it most certainly has.  !!

I have never been sure of anyone at Villa Park having any money....Tony thru to the normansells.

But we also have to weigh up what gluttons we are for squandering it.....we have had some tosspots through our doors.

Just people with all the front in the world and no back door.

5 minutes ago, mrjc said:

Agree, it’s impossible to know without inside info. None of the publicly available (factual) information can give us an insight, as far as I’m aware. 

Seems at best an admin error, and at worst a real issue if our cash flow is so bad we cannot afford it. 

I would love to think its just an admin error.

49 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just realised something that's made me smile ,and something that two years in the Championship has taught me.

Lerner wasn't Villa, Xia isn't Villa. 

It doesn't matter that we've been  mis - owned and mismanaged for years. We are Villa .... you, me, all of us. As long as we can find eleven players to pull on a Claret and Blue shirt, we are the Villa! I don't care what league that's in at the moment, I just want rid of the chancers and charlatans. Give us our Villa back!  

Agreed. Owners, managers, and players will come and go. Two things that won't are the fans, and the name Aston Villa. If this does go the way it looks, then I just hope the fans stick with the club and back them all the way. Its no good just turning up when things are all rosey. 

So basically we’re going to sell Grealish, and probably Chester to sort out FFP, and also to repay any of these loans caused by the short-term cash-flow problem because of China’s laws.

No doubt Tony will be slaughtered when we sell some players too...

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Agreed. Owners, managers, and players will come and go. Two things that won't are the fans, and the name Aston Villa. If this does go the way it looks, then I just hope the fans stick with the club and back them all the way. Its no good just turning up when things are all rosey. 

Things haven’t been rosy for around 10 years. There will always be decent support. 

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

So basically we’re going to sell Grealish, and probably Chester to sort out FFP, and also to repay any of these loans caused by the short-term cash-flow problem because of China’s laws.

No, he should get a statue built. 

Just now, Rob182 said:

Very naive to believe that .Years of losses due to crazy wages and stupid transfers coupled with an owner who has no money to invest and has hired dodgy charlatans  is more like it. Not to forget the involvement of a crook like Samuelson in the takeover at the start. He was listed as a shareholder in Recon's UK company too IIRC.

Â