Going Under ?

hippo

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No, we do have a finance director though. Who almost certainly didn't forget about a tax deadline. 

Completely agree which is why im not jumping out of the window just yet, the likelihood of this being some murky accounting thing is way higher than him forgetting and probably higher than us being unable to pay it too

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd be surprised if the tax payment is made. If not is it a case of administration or is it a new club to be started way down the pyramid?

Administration surely? Which would mean points deduction and likely Relegation.

By the way, as well as the Finance Director, the official site also lists that we employ:

Tax & Collections Manager Mark McGuinness

Literally this bloke's job to take care of the company's tax obligations. I can't see this being some understandable admin error. Although, maybe Mark had the day booked off? :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

By the way, as well as the Finance Director, the official site also lists that we employ:

Tax & Collections Manager Mark McGuinness

Literally this bloke's job to take care of the company's tax obligations. I can't see this being some understandable admin error. Although, maybe Mark had the day booked off? :unsure:

He will do what he’s told like everyone under Keith and Tony.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

He will do what he’s told like everyone under Keith and Tony.

Yeah absolutely. Just highlights there's a deliberate reason that this hasn't been paid. It's not just someone in finance missing the post it note on the screen, there's a far bigger problem somewhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah absolutely. Just highlights there's a deliberate reason that this hasn't been paid. It's not just someone in finance missing the post it note on the screen, there's a far bigger problem somewhere.

I used to be self employed, you get a shit load of letters from HMRC, plus from when the bill was created I got 9 months to pay it. I guess anything late is last years bill (with this years still in the in tray). 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

BBC WM have stated wyness suspension is in no way related to the tax situation 

So what could it be for? My money is on huge holes in the FFP plan which was devised and put forward as the solution, which has now found out to be unsound. 

Hope you are only thinking of leaving VT (not Aston Villa) :( As long as there is an Aston Villa, I will still have my Villa scarf on the back shelf of my car and get down to Villa Park whenever possible. Oh, and I will still come onto the VT site. :) 

• Like 1

Its not just us, Crystal Palace have been threatened to be dissolved as they are 2 months late filing accounts!

Â